Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

airguide speedometer for sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Rob View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: airguide speedometer for sale
    Posted: December-23-2003 at 5:02pm
I have a aiguide speedometer for sale Model 712-b (It has the white face) This is the one that is the hardest one to find. I couldn't find a matching one so i settled for the model 725. Make me an offer for it. I need to get a digital camera, so I am going to see if a friend can take a picture of it.

Rob
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2003 at 6:31pm
i'm interested. post a picture if you can get a hold of a camera.

the '72 has a white face but the speed markers have green and blue indicators and the adjustment is in the rear of the housing.

the '69 has black faced gauges with the front speed calibrate knob. ( the glass is cracked on one hence the ebay purchase )

the speedo on the 60 was replaced with hobbs meter by the po. the speedo almost sunk him once. it's a funky pitot set up.

i bought 3 or 4 plastic white airguides a year ago. the guts fit the old style housings perfectly.

show me what ya got. they are on the endangered species list.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2003 at 1:48pm
I am hoping my father in law brings his camera down for x-mas. But the one I have is the first one you described. Did you end up buying the euro gauges on E-bay, if so I might be willing to do a trade?

Rob
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2003 at 6:49pm
yes, i was the single bidder.

i butchered this photo but i hope you can see it.

i have seen many variations on the faces, but i have never seen a 4 color face. it's hard to see the blue and green dots.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2003 at 11:57pm
Those are identical to mine, mine is just a little faded, all the numbers and dots are clear though, if you would be interested when you get one of the euro's, I would like to da a trade.

Rob
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2003 at 3:54am
cool. i'll let you know when they come in.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2003 at 7:47pm
I am working with my local vinyl shop to see if they can make a replacement face in the 4 color that looks authentic. If it works out I will let you know.

Rob
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2003 at 10:31pm
that would be cool. i called greatlakesskipper today and they told me the gauges will go in the mail today. they have a couple back up and i smell another ebay fiasco brewing.

the guy i talked to last year ( that restored marine gauges and i lost his # ) said that he does a 2 color silkscreen onto an aluminum disk. the original plastic is frail and is usually destroyed during removal, so be carefull. he also said he could not put the airguide script back on.

i have a jpg of a new gauge in an old housing on this computer, but thats a needle in a haystack.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2003 at 12:46pm
I talked to a restorer in grand rapids he told me that they would need to see it but they were confident that they could restore them.

Their e-mail was: bobsspeedometer@aol.com

Rob
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2003 at 6:18pm
there is a white face on ebay.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2004 at 7:31pm
i was sniped in the final nanosecond, but i got it anyway. no little brown men in the driveway, but i'll let you know when the black euros show.

we should see if bobsspeedo will give a discount on multiple units.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2004 at 12:32pm
Any word on those euros yet, I have the vinyl shop working on the white face replacements.

Rob
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2004 at 7:00pm
yup. got them last friday. cherry housings , but the lens is plastic with a speed set indicator.

i'm still waiting on the other white face 712-b that i 'won' on ebay so i can send them together. shoot me your mailing address to honymoonpt@aol.com or call me at 1-800-448-7109 this weekend.

so far i have the two original faded white faces in the '72 with no front calibration screw. the 69 has two black faced with a front calibration knob hole, but one glass lens is cracked. i have three new plastic/flush speedos with front calibration and now the two euros with another 712-b comming sans the glass.

lets say i'm speedo rich. i think i would like the speed set feature in the '72 to keep my non-sober drivers close to a consistent speed.

do you want a km marked gauge or do you want me to mount a new mph gauge in the old style housing? it is a perfect fit.

call me after about 12 on saturday.

thanks, tom

tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2004 at 4:29pm
this is a silly question. the third speedo for the 'judge' was mounted on the engine cover in my '72 that has since been padded. this photo in the reference section shows a speedo in the fuel tank cover.

do any of you guys have evidence of one mounted in this location?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2004 at 11:48pm
Tom,
Is that speedo on the back cover? I always thought it was on the inside of the gunwale half way down. Now I'm not sure. I got this photo from Jeff at Correct Craft a few years back. Has '66 written on the back, but I've never seen another location like this. The '67 model boats I've seen only had one speedo at the helm but neither had evidence of a second, either with a second pick-up or bracket holes, etc.. We have a very rough '71 yellow promo like your primo '72, and it still had/has all 3 speedos in place. All white faces turned yellow/brown.
-Reid
ReidP
1973 Mustang

ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2004 at 12:15pm
My 71 Ski Nautique has a pair of the Euro speedometers. I need a lens to replace a cracked one. Does anyone have one they can part with.
Thanks.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2004 at 11:18pm
sorry scott, i'm speedo rich but lens poor. i 'won' the other 712-b today even though the price doubled in the final 60 seconds. i know i pissed of the other bidder, but that is the nature of the beast.

is it warm yet? i need to go skiing.......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic