Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me value my Fish Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me value my Fish Nautique
    Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:31pm
I'm getting a new agreed value policy on my Fish Nautique and the used prices on FN's are all over the place...need to know where to put mine.

I found them on Boat Trader from $45,000 to $7,900 and everywhere in between. I've got a brand new engine in mine, but it's far from a $45,000 boat in the fibergla$$ department.

Just don't want to sell myself short. I valued it at $15,000 for the time being, but I'll change it in a heartbeat if it's necessary...flip side of that coin is that I don't want to pay for coverage I don't necessarily need.

Thoughts?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:45pm
In my experience, the agreed-upon replacement value doesnt have much effect on the price of the premium- the liability is the biggest driver. Id say shop around and find out what the fair market price is, then add some cushion room on top of it. $15k is probably pretty safe.
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 6:02pm
I agree with TRB,15K be OK but there are not alot of FN out there.How much would it cost to get another one and make it as trustworthy as
yours?

Good luck Munday
michigan dave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michigan dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 7:38pm
redneck7, I am going to list mine in the spring for around 13K, it also has the newer motor and trans. and the engine compartment bulkheads replaced. They bring decient money when they change hands.

dave.
1984 Fish Nautique
351ci- 14x13 four blade acme
south haven mi.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 8:03pm
How do you insure "priceless?" BKH
Livin' the Dream

redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 8:57pm
I'm calling tomorrow to just play around with how much the value changes the cost of insurance per year and might go up a bit.

Dave, did you do the work on the bulkheads or was it done by someone else? Mine needs some fibergla$$ work of the moderate to major variety and I'm debating on whether or not to bite the bullet and do it ASAP or just go ahead and wait till MAJOR work is warranted and then make a big ole project out of it. Currently it has some stringer/bulkhead issues and a couple of soft spots on the decks (mostly on the removable sections).
michigan dave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michigan dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:38pm
Redneck7, most all of the first generation fish nautiques need bulkhead work. Kind of a design flaw. anyway, with the engine out its not a terrible job but it time consuming and messy. I did it myself this winter. These bulkheads also help support the floor in the back and the removable floor section also rests on the cross members that run from side to side. I bet your stringers are fine, I have about 8 gallons of resen, a sheet of 1/2 inch marine ply, several yards of gla$$ cloth
ect in the project. Much easier than some of the transom work I have done in the past. I am just ready this week to repaint the bilge and then start putting the wiring and running gear back together.   dave
1984 Fish Nautique
351ci- 14x13 four blade acme
south haven mi.
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:50pm
Sounds like I missed my window since the engine was out last month.

Mechanic who put the engine in said the stringers were fine, just have some random intrusion that rotten specific sections (two that I know about).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic