NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No pontuna!..got a deck boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No pontuna!..got a deck boat
    Posted: January-31-2007 at 8:46am
Well, after a quick search for a pontoon, I ended up buying a "distressed" deck boat on ebay last weekend...(I think it'll be called "Party Nautique"...any other CC related suggestions?)   Looks like a boat WILL be next project...(along with Chevelle?)

Trailer had come loose from po's truck.. mainly upper-rail damage, but hull is not too bad.. Best thing is it got a 4.3 Chevy I/O.....(not quite as good as a straight inboard, but still beats mixing gas/oil)..Im threaten to take the mufflers off , but mama says NO !!

btw, it has a Yamaha outdrive... anyone(..Boat Dr / Eric / etc..).. know anything about them?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 8:59am
Honestly, I don't even know what I'm looking at there. Good luck with it have some fun. Too bad you can't ram it up on shore like a pontoon when you find a party going on around the lake.

Here's another suggestion: Booze Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:07am
Hollywood heres a pic of what it should look like...

and ....I dont have any problem "beaching" this ol girl..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:08am
Ahh, I see said the blind man. What is she (supposed to be) tipping the scales at? Looks like a lot of fibergla$$.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Ahh, I see said the blind man. What is she (supposed to be) tipping the scales at? Looks like a lot of fibergla$$.

I think the info said the boat is around 2800 lbs... she was a tug pulling home...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:52am
62, the young at heart is showing, we were worried about you, congratulations on the new boat
"the things you own will start to own you"
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:56am
Booze Nautique

ROFL at that one. In the italic font and everything, it would be hilarious. I'd have a serious conversation with a sign shop to have those babies made up in huge letters.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:00am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Booze Nautique

ROFL at that one. In the italic font and everything, it would be hilarious. I'd have a serious conversation with a sign shop to have those babies made up in huge letters.

"Booze Nautique"..That wouldnt draw much attention from the dnr.. ...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:05am
Poontoon Nautique or simply Poon Nautique if it's not actually a pontoon.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:24am
Steve,

I'm thinking "Correct Deckraft"
Or how about "Deckrect Craft"

I had a deck boat once. You hit full throttle, then in five minutes you'll be on plane. But, they are great for putting a lot of people onbaord and for pretending like you're fishing. Of course its best accessories will be the anchor and the bumpers while the "real" boat is tied up to it.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:33am
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Steve,

Of course its best accessories will be the anchor and the bumpers while the "real" boat is tied up to it.

Chuck

already got plans for the 64 to be "the dingy"
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:40am
what about POONTIQUE!! Well i guess that is kinda making a reference to something altogether now isnt it? haha.. Have fun with the project!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:54am
Hmmm.. InCorrectCraft!
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 11:04am
"POONTIQUE"..uhhh.. my wifes (whos now a grandma ), has to ride on this...maybe a good one for the PLBC boys ....

InCorrectCraft...thats funny!   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 11:39am
Hey Steve,
Get that thing done by GL will ya !! We need a cooler barge for the sand bar !!! Good luck with her, this rig looks interesting... Got plans set up yet??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 5:12pm
Moj,
I would need Pauls motorhome to pull this barge that far!!! would hold LOTS of coolers tho..

got room reserved on the lake already!!!!     Come on July!!!!    
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 5:49pm
I throw one in

NOTTATIQUE
     or
   NOT A TIQUE

Nice find congrats on the tuna

Munday
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 5:50pm
Good to here 62' !!! The date is set !!!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Munday Munday wrote:

I throw one in

NOTTATIQUE
     or
   NOT A TIQUE

Nice find congrats on the tuna

Munday

Thats a good one too!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:42pm
Vote for "InCorrectCraft"

Uhhh....Poontique, don't think so.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 1:20am
Pontique by Reject Craft. BKH
Livin' the Dream

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 9:00am
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

Pontique by Reject Craft. BKH

By Correct Raft!

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 9:47am
62, did you get the Vortek or the 4.3 std. in your new ride.You don't have mufflers ,it has thru the hub exhaust, but a set of Diverters are easily installed, tho pricey.
I also a$$ume the thing has a "Black Outdrive"{Mercruiser} they are the only way to go,kinda like a Velvet Drive, almost bullet proof.
Do the normal maintainance things and they will live a long trouble free life,if you get stingy she will bite you in your wallet.
congrats on the purchase......boat dr
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 10:34am
Dr ,
I was just joking about the exhaust...but my wife doesnt know that.. ..

as for the 4.3..Im not sure how to tell the difference? I think its carburated,if that means anything?

The outdrive is a silver,Yamaha..I didnt know they even made them? Hope they're ok...sure cant find much about them? Heres a pic ..altho,not very good,

any info would be appreciated! Thanks!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 11:02am
Steve, would really rather have seen a M/Cruiser spinning that prop, but we play the cards we are delt.
Yamaha jumped into the stern drive market with both feet and found the waters not as calm,they captured 20% of the outboard market very quickly,thanx to Mercurys expertise{Mariner]they came up to speed rather fast.
Mercruiser was not as generous with their knowledge nor the marketing practices,and found the profit margins too slim,so they are now out of the stern drive business.
my advice is to enjoy ,but be aware.Change l/unit oil at every 50 hrs.Run a Alum. prop, in case you whack something, you can buy a prop cheaper than a "Gear Set".
Would advise you use the M/Cruiser sythetic oil, a little higher in price but worth it in peace of mind.Is there a raw water mounted inboard,they came both ways,most had a Johnson or Jabsco, but some had a pump in the L/unit,either way change often.
The Vortek was stamped on the plastic valve covers,it also has a balance shaft and the same HP as the 5.0 ,210 with less weight.
MR43T spark plugs,they are S/S and wont gall in the plug holes, also AC oil filters only.I prefer the Castrol 20/50 or the M/Cruiser 40/50 blended oil.
Hope this was helpful, and not confusing.............boat dr   
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 11:21am
Thanks for the info Dr...kinda what I figured with the drive.. Lots of good info..as usual...

Do you know if anyone has service manuals available for the Yami?.... Also , Will a M/Cruiser o/drive interchange if ever any major problems with this unit ?

Not sure on the waterpump / valve covers yet..Been too cold to go digging to far into it just yet...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 11:34am
Steve , it has been my a sore spot with me for years,most of the outdrives out there have too big a cut out.Volvo/Penta,OMC Cobra, and the real Volvo had a larger dia.transom a$$y.meaning the "HOLE" is too large.
Not a big deal if you are a f/gla$$ guru, but a little mush for the average boat owner.
Clymers and Chilton both publish a detailed man. for everyday oil and other weekend endevers...would not try a full scale rebuild on their info tho........... boat dr
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 11:41am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Clymers and Chilton both publish a detailed man. for everyday oil and other weekend endevers...would not try a full scale rebuild on their info tho........... boat dr

Sounds like their automotive manuals.. as for a "complete rebuild on this ,if ever needed.. might be worth watching for a distressed boat with a M/Cruiser drive and do the gla$$ work?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 11:52am
I think it's pretty interesting that the 4.3 actually has a balancer shaft spinning in the lifter valley to counter out the V6 vibration.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 12:16pm
M3, it was a selling point as well,without those sloppy rubber mounts the motors buzzed so bad you could not use the mirrors.
Also was very cost effective for G.M. to get a tried and trusted "new" v-6 by chopping off the back 2 cyls.
Once they solved the vibe problem added fuel injection,they got the HP of a v-8 with the weight of v-6. 165 lbs. is a hell of a diet.
The last time I lost 165 lbs. it cost me 80,000 dollars and she still sends me E-Mail.
    boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic