Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

carpet

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kdeichmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdeichmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carpet
    Posted: January-30-2007 at 8:51am
I stripped the old carpet and sanded the floor, only to get the old glue off, on my 1979 Ski Nautique this Sat. Next weekend I planned on painting the floor with an epoxy paint then installing new carpet. My question is the floor is in excelent shape but I still would like to Paint the floor to be on the safe side. What paint do ya'll recomend and what carpet glue. Thanks
Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 11:31am
I didn't repaint my floor. I used an outdoor multi purpose floor adhesive. It worked great. So far so good.
Tate
jb_dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb_dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 11:43am
I ordered my carpet from Capri Carpet in Georgia and they had package deals which included the adhesive. The carpet seems to be holding up well.

JB
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 1:25pm
If you are going to paint your floor, why not use gelcoat it would be like resin coating it! Gelcoat is like resin with pigment added for color, it will be sealed well and your carpet glue will bond good to it..
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 5:26pm
I put mine down with contact cement, the kind used for formica counter tops. Got it at Lowes, and when you go to change the carpet, it's not very hard to pull it back off.
Tim D
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 7:40pm
I'll be installing carpet in my boat when the floor is finished. I have looked at carpet from West Marine and Overtons. Both places have adhesives as well. I have looked at Lowes and Home Depot. Lowes has one type of boat carpet and some adhesive. Some other options for you to consider.

So far as painting your floor. Because you sanded to get the carpet adhesive off you may have scuffed it up a bit. Wouldn't hurt to put something down to help water proof the floor. If you are going to carpet over it then it doesnt need to be paint, could just be epoxy resin. 2 gallons of 635 thin resin would be enough.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 10:33pm
Check out the ba$$boat sites as well. I found great prices there. I think I did a google search on boat carpet and found multiple sites. I think boatcarpet.com was actually a site. They had various weights, colors, etc. BKH
Livin' the Dream

pmt2234 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmt2234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 1:05pm
I did my floor and sides with just over 1 tub of outdoor carpet adhesive from Home Depot. It's held up fine for 2 years now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic