Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautique 206 - Ski/Wakeboarding

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mdkj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdkj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Nautique 206 - Ski/Wakeboarding
    Posted: January-26-2007 at 1:07am
Hi

I am looking at purchasing a new 2006 – Ski Nautique 206 and wanted some feed back on this boat.

The boat is a signature package with a few options such as Perfect Pa$$ Pro and 330 HP engine. (No tower or ballast)

The boat is for family use. I Wakeboard or Barefoot and the wife and kids ski or tube.

Everything I have read says the 206 is a very good ski boat but I wanted to make sure I can fatten up the wake enough for some fun. I don’t need the boat to produce a pipe line wave but just give me a nice kick with a fat sack in the trunk.

Has anyone go any experience with adding ballast to a 206.

Also, what’s the story with purchasing a Flight Control Tower aftermarket?

Thanks
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 8:51am
I have an 05' 206 Air TE, has tower + ballast & the Excal 330 (see the link "My Craft" below).
As far as being a slalom boat IMO it is great, the slalom wake is very nice particularly if there is minimal weight in the boat. The barefoot wake and pull are great, we have pulled as many as (4) footers at the same time no problem. The slow speed wake for boarding is OK, don't do that much but it works for us.

A Couple suggestions I would make are #1 get a tower, put your bimini and some ski and board racks on it, it will help keep the floor open so you can move around much easier. The footin, boarding & foiling pulls are so much better from the tower, also if you have a full boat and are pulling novice skiers pull from the tower and you can still have people in the back seat. #2 get the hydrogate & don't bother with the ballast tank, keep your trunk space if you really become serious about boarding you could always put a sac or weight in the trunk.

Go here to see the footin wake Footin behind the 206

As far as adding ballast, we have the 200lb tank and have boarded with that full + 8 people in the boat, the wake is pretty big in that situation. I may have some pic's, if so I will dig em up and post.

I would recommend the factory tower however I believe there is a guy in Tennessee building replicas of the CC FCT, hopefully someone else can chime in with contact info.

The 206 is a great boat, it handles amazingly well, tracks like it is on rails and has enough room for family and friends.

Congrats on the new boat and post it up in the Diaries for all to see.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 9:46pm
I vote for the 206. My last new ride was a '03 206. Great for wakeboard (ok I can't do much), footin', and slalom. I had the GT-40 and she would pull 4 footers fine. It was mrs jbears personal favorite. Very east to drive. Great ride and lots of storage.

john

ps: quinner I love the look of yours.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 1:28pm
The 206 is the boat, quinner and jbear are on the mark! If you cant find a reasonably priced FCT...Look up New Dimension Towers they make the quality replica.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

My last new ride was a '03 206. I had the GT-40

Really? Not that I dont believe you JBear, but I thought the last year for the GT40 was '02. You sure you didnt have a Chevy Motor (Excalibur)?
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 2:32pm
Senior moment?

To the topic at hand, unless you are looking for world cla$$ wakeboard wake the 206 is an awesome boat.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 9:10pm
Thanks PLBC; right on the money.

Now Tim, you know by now that I don't make it a habit to go under my motorbox. All I know is when I bought the boat I paid extra for "more" motor. I do know for sure it was Ford. Uhhh..I think. But I am sure you are correct as to when the GT-40 was put in the Boats. I am sure you know more about it than I do.

Thank goodness MM spoke up and offered to help with the new manifold. And now ReidP will be there as well as Backfoot. 79 might even make it if he is in town. Now how can I go wrong with all that expert help?

Sure does pay to have friends.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 10:58pm
BUY! BUY! BUY!!!!!!!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 12:02am
the Dude is in a buyin' mood.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 6:56am
I heard they had a few GT40's laying around for 03, but that could be completely false.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 11:34pm
Joel: They could've told me they had just one left and I got it and I wouldn't know any bteter.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

mdkj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdkj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:07am
Guys

Thanks for the feed back on the 206. I dont think I can go wrong with this boat.

I have to tell you a bit more of the story.

I am living in Thailand and have been searching for a Ski/Wakeboard Boat to Buy.

In the whole of Thailand I can only find 2 Ski boats for sale. A 2006 Correct Craft 196 and 206.

It makes it eaiser to convince the Wife when you only have 2 choices.....
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 12:10pm
We would love to see some pictures of the boat on the lake in Thailand when you pick it up.... sounds pretty cool to be able to ski in a foreign country like that......
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic