Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pontoon boats, Am I getting old?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pontoon boats, Am I getting old?
    Posted: January-18-2008 at 3:23pm
Chris,

Thats a nice cruiser, but I still cant see Why someone would want to go fast on one of those, not to mention spend the kind of money it costs to go fast. I always thought those were for the party, and then you bring the fast boats along side for the fun... You probably spill your drink while operating that, and that in itself is a party foul!!! All good, it looks great, and probaby cruises nicely....

And Welcome to the Forum, Hope you have a Correct Craft to show off also!!
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
Chris Allen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2008 at 1:50am
Here's a few shots of ours. Our South Bay is not quite as fast as the one with the 600SCi, but it will hold it's own

20th Century View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20th Century Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 1:06pm
Man those are some incredible videos! Somehow with the longer more elegant pontoon and the stowed bimini it doesn't look as wierd as I thought it would. On the flip side of the pontoon purchase, I had a guy with a pontoon tell me to contact him if I ever wanted to sell my boat (inboard but not a CC). He stated the pontoon was too much trouble and he wanted something he could just "jump in and go" like my runabout. Of course I will never contact this guy because it just wouldn't be fair.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2007 at 12:30am
I have a 1985 SanPan by Godfrey marine with a Johnson 85 on it that I picked up from a guy that was moving and did not have a trailer. Paid 300 bucks and drove it home.
Seats were rough so I took off the front bench seats. Now we load up our dogs and cruise. My wife loves it !!
It is tied up on 4 poles beside my boat house.

Mike
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2007 at 9:44pm
Already have one.
Lefty
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2007 at 12:02pm
you guys are talking yourselves right into buying one
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2007 at 7:25pm
I found the video of us footing behind the pontoon.

Pontoon Footin'

lefty
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 12:43pm
"It set an overall speed record of 88.1 MPH with two Mercury 300 HP Outboards"

I clicked on the link for the other South Bay Trifecta pontoon on there.

"The engine featured in this South Bay is the 600 SCI or what could be considered a 525 HP with a blower. There's something about the supercharger that gives the boat a unique sound. Asking price for the boat is around 90K. MSRP easily exceeds 115K! "
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 12:14pm
I haven't got the video of us footing yet, but I think we could pull a pretty good line behind this;

70 mph pontoon

Lefty
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:17am
James
I found the tape of three of us footing behind a pontoon. Like I said, it's on tape (VHS) so I'll have my brother convert it and get it posted. I'll let you know as soon as it's up.
Lefty
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 7:13pm
My Bro has a Tri-Toon with some 150+hp 4 stroke on it, the wake that thing throws is very different as it hardly exists,
it did get me thinking about a run just for the hell of it,
too bad the tow point looked so weak or I would have definitely went for it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 6:17pm
Two years ago we ran three of us footing (at the same time) behind a 24' pontoon with a 250hp racing Merc outboard. I will locate the video and post. We also pulled a 3-2-1 pyramid behind it.
Lefty
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 6:02pm
looks like a bingo game at the VFW
"the things you own will start to own you"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 12:26am
Looks like a tailgate party at a Jimmy Buffet Concert...........LOL..........
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2007 at 12:08am
Here is ours:

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2007 at 1:58pm
Barefooting behind a pontoon, I would love to see that pic.
Furno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2007 at 1:01am
Our lake has a bunch of triple tube pontoons with 200+ hp 4 strokes on them. One passed us as we were skiing and he was pulling a tube. I have not yet seen anyone barefooting behind one, but I'm sure it's possible.
Andy

'83 2001
20th Century View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20th Century Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 11:50pm
One of the wrongest things I have ever seen I saw this summer. I was at a boat shop/dealer this summer picking up some accessories when the owner of the shop pulls up towing a big three tube pontoon. As I am walking back to my car I reach the stern of this thing and I can't believe my eyes THROUGH HULL EXHAUST way above the waterline and a Bravo III outdrive. The boat dealer had just picked it up for a customer and said it had a 400+ hp Mercruiser. He said it probably wouldn't do much over 45 though. I didn't really know how to process it all so I shook my head and left.
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 7:09pm
That is one of the funniest pictures I have seen, the old folks with a depends reunion.... Brightened a bad day for me, thanks all!!
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 5:32pm
Thanks for linking that over, I forgot to.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 4:51pm
Hey HW... You forgot to post our favorite pontoon pic!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 4:49pm
HW,
Thanks for bringing this back up! Had to read back thru all the posts... still good for a few laughs! btw... we do like the 'toona. But no way will it ever replace one of the CC's!!!

Btw, I like the red one with Pauls hull ornaments!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 3:41pm
I want to update this post with some pontoon pictures.

Premier, www.pontoons.com, which I believe are the epitome of luxury when it comes to pontoons.

Evolution Pontoons, absolutely wild

Current state of our '79 Harris

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Steve,
You're not old if you figure out a way to drop an inboard in it.

Chuck

That was my suggestion ,until I saw what you were lookin to spend.If you had a house on the lake and an endless supply of cash(which I a$$ume none of us do!)you could buy one with a v-8.My buddy has a 23 footer with ample couches,tables and coolers.You can imagine the surprise on someone's face when they pull beside you and start showing off,then you open the thru hull exhaust and hammer down....giving them the spankin of their life with 20 people on board!That thing will run in the high forty's and sounds just like a hot rod.Probably 50 g's though .

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 12:30am
yeah funny how things like that happen
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 10:18pm
87; That is kinda how ours started. One of my non-C/C owning buds has a Chapparel and we always called it "the tuna boat", so when my bro got the pontoon it was christened the "pontuna". Small world.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 10:01pm
If you going to get a pontoon, get one with style. check these out!

CHECK THIS OUT
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 9:46pm
it's from a night of drinking with my brothers, dad, and my uncles while we were on summer vaction. We were out fishing on my brothers 88 SN 2001 and one of my uncles saw a pontoon going by and said he was going to catch him a pontuna. Was pretty funny at the time but, then again we had quite a bit to drink. Fortunately my one brother doesn't drink so he is all time DD.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 9:28pm
87BFN; Where did you coin the phrase "pontuna"? My bro has a pontoon on Lake Norris and we have long called it the "pontuna' but have never heard anyone else use that term.

BTW; What Ford plant? The aforementioned bro works at the Cleveland Casting Plant. At least until the end of Febuary. Started as an electrician and leaves as Mid-night superintendent. One of only 2 managment peolple that came off the floor. Read the bad news in our morning paper here about Fords "bad" year. Hope all continues to be ok for you.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Ohio, the land of "tubbos" and "Vespa's"

Is that whats printed on Ohio license plates?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic