NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Southern Boy’s Miss Half the Action!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southern Boy’s Miss Half the Action!
    Posted: January-22-2007 at 10:52am

Our lake and the pond finally froze over last week, plowed and resurfaced the ice Friday, hockey games and skating all weekend.
Took these shots Sunday after the Bears game, beautiful night, 30deg and light snow!

Can't let a little cold weather keep you off the water!!

Hollywood, PLBC, M3 and all you other Northern Boy's, get your gear out and let's play some Hockey this weekend!!

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 10:57am
Seacrest IN!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 11:22am
Saturday afternoon is looking good, then Fitzwoody's.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 11:59am
Wow! out on the ice after just a week's worth of cold weather?... brave man...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 12:06pm
How thick is the ice ? Anyone ever fall in ? Us Californians are somewhat ignant when it comes to lake freeze.

Go Sharks !!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 12:57pm
http://www.crrel.usace.army.mil/ierd/ice_safety/safety.html

check out this website for ice info. Ice can support alot of weight.

Sure people fall in, it is called being a dumba$$. Cars fall in, owned by dumba$$es.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 1:03pm

The shots are on the pond which is only a couple feet at it's deepest point and about 3" thick ice. The lake is also about 3" thick however we wait until it is at least 8" of ice before getting out there where the water is deep, especially with the Quad.

I believe 2" of ice will hold several hundred pounds, 4" will hold 1 ton.

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 1:43pm
Thanks for the info........ did not know ice was that strong....... learn somrthing new on CCF just about every day.

So which one of the old farts behind the net is you(quinner) ?

Great shots of the kids as well. Are they all yours ?
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 1:46pm
The guy with the fruitiest grin and beat red face.

Or just look for the old guy that is out of breath.

All joking aside, he plays more hockey than all of us younger folk combined.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

The guy with the fruitiest grin and beat red face.

That's because PLBC is behind on his knees giving him a reach around.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 2:34pm
The ice is 10 foot thick min. to land a C-130 or C-141 at Mc Murdo Sta. in Antarctica !!!
Been there - Done that.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 2:51pm
Is Hollywood the one in the pink pants??
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 3:45pm
You guys up there have it made, Hockey in the winter and skiing the rest of the time. No wonder you all are so damn happy.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Is Hollywood the one in the pink pants??

Ouch, although Hollywood has quite an array of "Pink" clothing, Pink Pants in the picture is actually my daughter Maddie. We will leave Todicus guessing on the other identities, that is until he show's up for Green Lake this summer!!

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 7:45pm
Green Lake it is !! Can't wait to have that drinking contest with Hollywood and PLBC
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 7:56pm
Sure does look like fun guys. Only thing I do with ice here is add it to Beam and coke.

Hollywood you sure are tough on PLBC.

Todd; You better start practicing right now for Green Lake. I hear them PLBC boys are a thirsty bunch.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 8:00pm
the cold seperates the men from the boys
"the things you own will start to own you"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 8:26pm
Jbear, MM, etc.,
I'm planning to be back down there Saturday 2/17. Anyone gonna be around so we can enjoy our continued non-stop year round action? Planning to take in the Daytona truck race Friday nite and then the 500 on Sunday leaving Sat open. It won't be too hot for some boating will it?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 9:20pm
We will be around as far as I know and would really enjoy seeing you guys again. Of course it will be good to put a boat in the water. Maybe we should plan a "meet" for that day. We could get MM, Blondie, heath, Backfoot, tonydjd, hasbeen and/or anyone else to meet for the day. How about it guys? I have already met Reid and his wife and believe me you won't be disappointed when you get to meet them.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by todicus todicus wrote:

Green Lake it is !! Can't wait to have that drinking contest with Hollywood and PLBC

It's not a contest, if it is though "i'll stomp your a$$" . I've been on a jbear kick lately with the Beam and Coke, Early Times if we're talking boat show.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 10:54pm
Hollywood: Didn't you mention on another thread that you were gonna be back down here soon....or am I having another senior moment?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 10:57pm
Hopefully for that Orlando CC Reunion. Perfect excuse to get away for Mother's Day huh?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 11:03pm
You must be sitting at your computer....would think that a nice looking young man(mrs jbears words-not mine) would have a better way to spend his evenings.

Anyhow...you will love the Orlando Reunion. We are gonna get something goin' for C/Cfers. If ya need a place to stay or a pick-up at the airport you can let us know. It is awful early to plan. Cool, I might get to see ya at Orlando and Norris.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

It's not a contest, if it is though "i'll stomp your a$$"

Well said........... Just messin'; I'm not suicidal. I will leave it to you studs on the ESPN Pro Drinking Tour to stomp a$$. I'm just a fan, wondering why once I got married and had kids, my wife yanked me off the tour, just when I was peaking.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 2:17am
Todicus,

Hope you are able to make it out here for Green Lake, guaranteed to be a good time! As far as poundin em down, like riding a bike, just jump back on!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 10:58am
I only drink to keep hydrated out there on the boat since we don't have a bimini.

todicious, you gotta get to GL.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 11:07am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Our lake and the pond finally froze over last week, ...

Quinner- our lake froze up real solid last week (about 5 inches of ice).We had big brush fire on the ice and shoveled a nice ice rink. Love the winters on the lake too! great time to fix or build a new dock...
Enjoy
-Brad
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

todicious

Is that Like "delicious" ?

I am planning on making it to GL this year. I'll be flying in, so I won't be able to bring my boat. Hopefully someone can give me a lift to the sandbar where the midwest gang is partying. Should be lot's of fun...........
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 12:14pm
You got me, Fruedian slip.

Can you please spell your name phonetically for me?
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 1:42pm
jbear, sorry for getting in late, but wanted to make sure you didn't ruin that ice by adding too much coke! Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic