NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Southern Boy’s Miss Half the Action!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southern Boy’s Miss Half the Action!
    Posted: February-01-2007 at 6:04pm
scottb that sounds great, thinking about going soon. We usually stay in Baraga for a week and sled from there all week in all directions.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

scottb where you from, I see you mentioned sledding in the UP, how were the trails?

I live in the western Chicago suburbs. We dropped the sleds in Watersmeet on Sat morning. Spent Sat night in Baraga, Sun night in Houghton, and came home on Monday. I would say 80% of the trails were pretty good, and the logging roads were all good.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 12:56pm
Who says we miss half the action down South? Heck, it only snowed 1" in the early hrs this morning and it shut everything down. So we all stayed home and played. Here's a clip of Boaty starring in "Death of the Ugly Snowman".
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:30pm
Thanks for the invite, Rob but I think I have to wash my hair or paint a closet or....whatever. Nice of you to ask tho. How about you just come down here and we'll boat?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:07pm
Thanks for the invite Rob. I might enjoy that for a week, but not more. Going to try to get the boat in the water before the weeks over and spin it a bit.

Also, those south bend weather forcasters always seem to call for about twice as much as you end up getting. What's their deal?

How about Irish basketball?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:18pm
scottb where you from, I see you mentioned sledding in the UP, how were the trails?
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 8:19pm
boat doc, j bear, you remind me of them boys down there in North Carolina, Im working in a t-shirt and they were in carharts huddled around a Kerosene heater
"the things you own will start to own you"
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Dude: Cold here; tonite lows in the 30's. You should see the people hit the panic button.

john

You guys should come up to Northern Indiana this weekend.....forecasting overnight lows down to -10, plus we've had 12 inches of snow in the last 48 hours....calling for another 6-18 inches by Monday. Come on up!!

Rob
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 6:35pm
Dr,

Sure feels hard when your footin' on it!!

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 6:31pm
jbear & dude ;
water ain't sposed ta git hard..........bpat dr
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 1:28pm
Just returned from a weekend of snowmobiling in the UP. What a long drive. It's bad when it's too cold to take the boat out and you have to drive 8 hrs to find enough snow for the sleds.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 9:38am
j, we had the same thing a couple weeks ago. The news guys were going nuts. You'd think freezing temps were going to do to us what Katrina did to N.O.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Called for Spearing, 2 minutes in the Box.

Just a minor? I thought you'd be good for the full 5 minutes.

HAHAH oh god I think those might be a couple of the best posts I've seen on this site not in any way related to boats...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 12:05am
Dude: Cold here; tonite lows in the 30's. You should see the people hit the panic button.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 11:02pm
ice is only good for cooling things here too. I'm getting tired of rain though. More rain tomorrow. Haven't skied for 16 days.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 9:15pm
Why would ya wanna drive on your ice anyhow? Then it is kinda dirty when you put it in your Beam.

Down here we say your ice is for coolin' things down, not for sliding aound on.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 8:18pm
I never knew it was illegal. I have a buddy here that's a Deputy on the local Sheriff's department that put his '04 GMC P/U throught the ice on the river. It went down slow enough that when it started sinking, he opened the door, stepped out, and walked to shore. Insurance picked up the tab. Beleive that non sense?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 11:51am
Kurt,

Fourth Lake in Lake Villa, I have snowmobiled across that lake myself many times, most of it is relatively shallow, it is a 8hp max lake surrounded mostly by Forest Preserve.

Did you know in Illinois it is Illegal to drive a car/truck on lake ice? Read that in the article about the 16yr old.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 9:41am
Saw on the news that a news van was on the eagle river in WI and fell through. There are many incidents every year from snowmobiles to cars and trucks that people take out on ice that isn't thick enough. A few thousand dollars later their totaled vehicle is recovered.

CQ, what lake was the one that didn't get out? Definitely has been a milder winter with inconsistent temperatures.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 9:27am
Hey Dude,

I have since been out on the lake with the Quad, it is only about 6", had a PFD on the Quad with me.

Sadly there are usually fatalities in our area each year, this year has been strange in that we usually have ice by early December not Mid Jan? Last week at a nearby lake 16yr old went thru on a snowmobile, didn't make it out, (3) sleds went thru on another lake (the chain) however all riders got out.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 11:12pm
back to the ice. Anyone fallen through yet this year?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 10:04pm
What are you retired from PLBC? I thought I looked young when I got to retire but you got me beat.

87BFN: Sounds like the way they do it at my bro's Ford plant.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 9:55pm
not retired just lucky. I carry a walkie, boss calls when he has a break down that needs my attention. Sometimes I have free time sometimes I don't.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 12:05pm
jbear is right on, I am retired already.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 11:59am
God, I would say. Must be nice!!!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 11:07pm
Backfoot: I believe that none of thes guys have real jobs. They just sit at the computer all day on C/CFAN.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Just a minor? I thought you'd be good for the full 5 minutes.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

...Me and Kelly Ripa...

Ken- Did you bust her for shop lifting at Sears??

LOL . No, Brad, I had the difficult job of protecting Kelly for the day. It was a grand opening at Sears. She was wicked cool to hang with.

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

...Me and Kelly Ripa...

Ken- Did you bust her for shop lifting at Sears??
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 11:14am
Nice, CC on ice!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic