NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats Missing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Jtonor1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtonor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats Missing?
    Posted: January-15-2007 at 2:43pm
When inspecting the hull of my 89 nautique I noticed something that did not look right where the prop shaft goes through the hull. I don't think it is anything major but something is missing and I need someone to tell me what I need so I can replace it.
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 3:00pm
That's the way the bottom of my 87 SN looks. Seems like maybe there should be a fitting, seal, or soemthing but I dont know?
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 3:50pm
Nothing is missing
huey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 2:09pm
That's how the bottom of my '91 looks.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 2:12pm
Perhaps some sort of rubber as protection whenever the shaft enters the hole?

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 3:47pm
You should always use some sort of rubber protection when your shaft enters the hole.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 3:59pm
Ok so if it's not some type of rubber protectant, I will guess a lubricant. The shaft/hole interface looks quite dry.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 4:22pm
Hollywood, it sounds like you may be confused about which hole the shaft should be in, normally the correct hole is self lubricating.
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 4:43pm
Some holes have carpet around them, but arent usually that loose on the shaft, check for reproduction status, and perhaps aftermarket shaft enhancer?
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 4:52pm
Check with the previous owner to find out how many times the shaft has been removed and then put back in. An abused hole will get stretched out over time.
Jtonor1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtonor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 5:54pm
Thanks everyone your your feedback; however, I think the later post will prove to be the most usefull. With topics like this it is always good the get the the right advice so that you can get the optimal pleasure out of your pleasure craft.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 5:55pm
Putting your shaft in a dry hole is not good!!
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 6:32pm
Always make sure your parts are clean before inserting your shaft into the hole, otherwise there could be some contamination, and with clean parts it is easier to find the source.
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 7:24pm
Hollywood, it turns into what's called a mudbucket and you dont have to be a sharpshooter
"the things you own will start to own you"
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 10:37pm
If the hole's too dry... just spit on it.... works for me!!!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 11:44pm
Wow...it must be gettin' to be a long winter for some of you guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 2:00am
You must always make sure the hole is clean before you insert the shaft, the best way to do this is stick your nose in it and take a big whiff...and hope it dont smell fishy!!
huey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 9:01am
It's a good thing we're talking about a model year '89 here, or we'd all be going to jail.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 9:11am
Boat Doctor here,
As best i can tell from the above posts,we are surrounded with some very sharp mechanical minds.But the winter nites are starting to affect the way the brain behaves.
A little more sunlight is known to help with this illness."Lakabotime",is a progressive and potent life threatening malady.
As of now there is no cure,some on this thread seem to have some of the cla$$is side affects,but Hrydrotherapy ,seems to help.
jbear and i live far enough South that we can get our required dosage,for those further north come play with us.........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 9:47am
If it smells like fish its a dish, if smells like cologne leave it alone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 9:55am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

If it smells like fish its a dish, if smells like cologne leave it alone

Smells like fish's a dish? aww god no!! haha the hole should be scentless....

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 10:14am
There seems to be some confusion on the matter. When it comes to the hole, maybe we should ask our resident expert, AbunDiga. You out there???
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 2:03pm
cologne is a covering agent
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 2:38pm
There is a store in San Fransisco called "Sucker's Liquor's"........ the sign on the window says "Liquor in the front, Poker in the rear"........

Just thought I'd share
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 7:00pm
I'm not sure now if I'm ever gonna post another legitimate request for help after this thread, however I did have to share it with all the guys in the office. But I'm headed out now for dinner at a bar/restaurant called UNCLE MILF'S LAKE NORMAN TAVERN. I swear to God I am. (Yes, I listen to Bob and Tom on the radio, now and then, and Donnie Baker kills me). I'll post picts of it. If we have a Mid-Atlantic reunion we'll hang there.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 7:09pm
reidp, there are some sick puppy's that lurk around this site just waiting..........
   Fins to the left
   Fins to the right
Looks like a feeding frenzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 7:22pm
It's been too long of a winter already... and my boat's only been in storage for 3 months, oh god i need warm weather!!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 8:48pm
Reid , your near Statesville?
   eric
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 9:43pm
Nate: The boat dr and I got sunshine to spare down south here. The door is always open and the '80 is ready to get wet. C'mon down.

dr: you should try a trip down this way yourself.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 11:01pm
Yeah boat dr...come on down.. Im always up for a good race...oh yeah.. and bring us some of that (shine)

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic