NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JD gator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JD gator
    Posted: November-20-2006 at 10:15am
I bought a John Deere Gator for around the acreage.It had an engine fire and came with one for parts.Got it all back together runs fine...except.The wires going into motor were scorched off to about 3/4 inch,I cleaned and
soldered on new,2 of these are for charging system and one ignition,Here is my question
can the two that operate the charging system be reversed?Both are green with white stripe on the gatot I looked at for reference,I was barely able to id these wires and now wonder if I might have them reversed?

Any help?

Munday
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 6:06pm
   Should just be a standard full wave charging system.Not that familiar with the Gator,but if it uses a small engine type stator for the charging/ignition,there should be no problem reversing the wires.
   Just throw a meter on the Batt.while running to make sure it's charging,and that the fire didn't cause the stator to short out.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 10:25pm
Thanks ,yeah I know re're getting positve voltage.Just didn't want to fry it now,it seems to have survived OK.

Thanks Munday
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic