NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

94 Nautique- water strainer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Hamlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 94 Nautique- water strainer
    Posted: November-19-2006 at 4:13pm
I just picked up a 94 Ski Nautique with a PCM 5.8 Pro Boss. I am in the process of removing the bailing wire that seems to be the only thing holding the water strainer in place. Can someone post or email me a picture of how this should be mounted on in factory stock boat?
Kindest regards,
Tim
tim@ranstrom.net
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2006 at 6:05pm
Hey tim, welcome to an awesome place.
I'm out of town, but can get to it by Tuesday. Probably some others will have answered your question by then.

My strainer is right up next to the muffler on the starboard side of the boat. It isn't supported by anything. I just sits there hanging from the hose. There is enough bend in the hose that it holds in place no problem.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 12:43pm
I used zip ties.
Hamlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 3:25pm
A picture would be helpful. The previous owner added a Tee and hose bib so things may have been moved around a bit; I would like to know what it looked like before the modification.
Thanks
82 Nautique 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82 Nautique 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 8:57am
Brackets are made and available. 1 source is Jerrysmarine.com on page # 727
Original Owner " Dennis"

1982 Nautique
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 9:44pm

Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 12:36am
Hey Dude,

How do you like that perko flush thing? I was thinking about getting one of those.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 8:27am
Randy, I put one in my brother-in-laws 92 SN. Same setup as the one pictured by Dude. Works awesome. After flushing it to change the oil at the end of the season, we would always run at least 5 gallons of the pink ATV anti-freeze into the motor before storage. You just had to run a hose from the Flush-It to a bucket filled with the ant-freeze but the only way to get it to suck the anti-freeze out of a bucket was to duct tape up the water intake under the boat.
whiz05403 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiz05403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:23pm
Has anyone had/have any trouble unscrewing their strainer? I cannot unscrew mine on my 96 Sport, I'm afraid if I use tools I will crack it and cut into my ski time. Any suggestions?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:46pm
Take it off the boat and soak in hot water.
wrmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 1:11pm
Use a strap oil filter wrench.

Bill
Lake Hartwell, GA
Bill
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 3:54pm
And make sure that you turn it the right way to get it off. I still have to think about it when you try attacking it from different angles. It's easy to do!

Tell me none of you do that!!!!!!

LIARS!!!!!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 4:14pm
backfoot..........
RIGHTY TIGHTY
LEFTY LOOSEY
              boat dr
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 5:54pm
put a hammer to it
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:46pm
Randy, the perko flush is a necessity where I live because I'm running in brackish water a lot. I flush the engine every single time I'm out. I use Saltaway to flush through it too. The perko makes it simple.

whiz, use the oil filter wrench. I like to replace that o ring every year for that very reason.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Hamlin Hamlin wrote:

I just picked up a 94 Ski Nautique with a PCM 5.8 Pro Boss. I am in the process of removing the bailing wire that seems to be the only thing holding the water strainer in place. Can someone post or email me a picture of how this should be mounted on in factory stock boat?
Kindest regards,
Tim
tim@ranstrom.net

I believe the factory used plastic zip ties.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic