Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grinding and Engine Stall

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TreeMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TreeMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grinding and Engine Stall
    Posted: March-27-2024 at 10:33am
Hello,

I have a '94 SNOB without the GT40 and right at the end of last season, I went to take the boat out of the slip and heard a grinding noise that was quickly followed by an engine stall out. I restarted and tried again.. Same result. I put the boat away knowing that I have a potential monster lurking for me this spring.. Someone tell me if this is a transmission replace/rebuild or something simpler? Hoping for something nice like throttle cable adjustment but expecting the worst. 

At the edge of my seat, 
Steve
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2024 at 1:05pm
You are describing clanking of the driveline due to poor idle quality. Correct the idle, the symptom should alleviate
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic