NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sold My SNOB Today

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sold My SNOB Today
    Posted: March-21-2024 at 2:29pm
Always a happy / sad day to sell a boat.  Many good memories in Team Red 1.  I will miss her wake...

The Queen is dead!  Long live the Queen!

In Memoriam

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2024 at 8:44pm
Good move selling the old boat JQ, it seems like things go wrong with them just sitting and leads to repairs you do not want to do at this time so you moved it and all is good.  More space now to play with your new toy.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2024 at 6:52am
Now that you have some extra money, you'll have to get some spare relays for this boat......just in case

You'll need 3 of them though Wink
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2024 at 10:05am
OK, Ken…what do I need for the 6.0 Chevy mill?  I like to keep spare relays in the glove box.  Any other tips for the ZR6?

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2024 at 11:08am
Well someone got a beautifully cared for boat, so that is a good thing!

Good memories but you'll quickly be enjoying the new boat, good plan moving onward and upward.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2024 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

OK, Ken…what do I need for the 6.0 Chevy mill?  I like to keep spare relays in the glove box.  Any other tips for the ZR6?

JQ

First thing is to find your engine serial number and then go to pg 42 and 43 of the manual in the link

Then you can figure out which ones you need.

If you're in the later range (445103 and up), they're the same relays that your gt40 used   R130011A

Earlier range from 420000 to 445102 is a different one  R130012

And look at a relay from the boat to compare just to be sure  Wink

One other thing is that they seem to be finicky or sensitive with spark plugs
AZ86SKI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ86SKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2024 at 3:32pm
Congrats on the new boat JQ! Your new boat must be a great one for you to part with Team Red 1. Whoever bought Team Red 1 got themselves a great boat as well. 
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2024 at 3:45pm
The common age related issue on any of the LS design engines is the Oil Pump Oring, where the pick up tube attaches to the oil pump.  As they age they get brittle and rather than suck oil they start to suck air.  When this happens you first see slow oil pressure build up on start and it gets worse slowly from there.  Common issue on all from the 4.8L to the 6.2L.   $3.00 oring and easy to replace once you have access, you can go in through the front or pull the oil pan I have done them both ways but do not worry about it unless you start seeing the slow oil pressure build issue.   I am betting in a boat where the environment is cooler and the hours used is far less you may not see this issue for several more years.  In Trucks it is usually somewhere around 100,000 miles or more when it shows up.  The Oil pressure sensors also tend to fail at the 100K plus mark so always change the sensor before changing the Oring.   
As you already know, the engine is a BEAST, and super reliable.  Enjoy it!  I just did the job on a 6.2L in an Escalade, 403 HP version.  It had scary power.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic