Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Gelcoat Colors and Seating

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ciaowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciaowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang Gelcoat Colors and Seating
    Posted: March-14-2024 at 8:55am
okay, folks - the Mustang is going to the boatyard tomorrow, and will be coming home with a new gelcoat. Plan was to try and restore the original red gelcoat, but it was covered with a white that is impossible to remove with a DA without damaging the underlying layer.
So, now I'm trying to find an original factory CC gelcoat color that would've been offered in 1968. Going through CC Fans brochure collection, theres nothing between late 50's and early 70's - and even then, no color swatches, just names. I'd love some recommendations from the Spectrum CC Gelcoat lineup in red, teal/seafoam, or just white...
Pic of boat in the driveway before it leaves for its visit to the spa.

ciaowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciaowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2024 at 9:28am
Regarding seating - I have three sets of L brackets for front seats, and all three sets are different. I'd love to get a pair that match as far as bottom height and seat back angle go. Anyone have anything out there? Below are pics of what I currently have.

Each set below has a different seat back recline angle. I've though about taking to a machine shop to see if they can adjust, but not sure how they would do that.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2024 at 10:20am
Are you aiming for originality or just need something functional? The taller brackets are mid-late 70’s vintage and the short ones are early 80’s (would have been installed on a pedestal).
ciaowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciaowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2024 at 3:06pm
I’ve pretty much given up on originality, and decided to settle for correct craft brackets as close to period specific as possible. The L brackets are close enough, so I should be able to build some seats pretty close to original.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2024 at 4:27pm
This color wheel was in a mid 60s brochure, not sure exact year, maybe 66ish.  Not sure if same colors were offered as late as 68, my recollection is color options became less as years went on, but gives you an idea.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2024 at 8:49am

How's that green thing behind all those chairs like your Apache Lakes weather?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic