Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission Repair Needed in Phoenix

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kona25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kona25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission Repair Needed in Phoenix
    Posted: August-28-2023 at 1:57pm
Hell all,

First post to this forum!  I am the proud new owner of a 1998 Sport Nautique in very good condition but has revealed a significant transmission fluid leak on it's first use since purchasing it.  I got such a sweet deal on the boat I am not even phased by the need for repair.  I'm looking for a recommendations on a reputable shop that specializes in transmission rebuilds in the Phoenix area.  I am comfortable with removing and delivering the unit then reinstalling it myself but I feel the actual rebuild should be left to a professional mechanic.

I've already found a wealth of knowledge on this forum and I feel like I've only scratched the surface!

Thanks in advance.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2023 at 2:12pm
Welcome!  Do you have any idea where the leak is coming from? Seals and gaskets can be found, hard parts are hard if not impossible to come by. I had a case gasket go bad,pulled it myself and replaced,took me a good part of 3 days from start to finish on a vdrive
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Kona25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kona25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2023 at 4:03pm
Hello Gary,

The leak seems to be coming from the (front?) of the gearbox where it mounts to the bell housing.  So based on some searching here on the forum, that seems to indicate a pump seal.  The previous owner since 2005 believes the trans has never been rebuilt so I'd like to have all seals and gaskets replaced.  I don't think the case or hard parts are damaged.

Thanks for the response!
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2023 at 5:37pm
Fantastic Finish Marine.  330 273 8291

they did mine and I was pleased.  You have to remove it and ship it and then put it back in.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2023 at 5:37pm
Not in phoenix either. Ohio if i recall correctly.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic