Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help With Driver Seat Info

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FanBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FanBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help With Driver Seat Info
    Posted: August-18-2023 at 7:54pm
The guy I purchased my 1985 S/N from was a bit of a dim bulb and threw out most of the interior.  I do have all the seats except for the Driver seat, and am trying to figure out what I need to reconstruct it.

1985 seems to be a transition year, and I have seen pictures of 1985 S/Ns with both the flat seats and the bucket seats.  I have only been able to find videos on Youtube showing how the bucket seats are installed.  Holes in my deck seem to indicate the flat seats used the same fiberglass seat base as used on the bucket seats, but I'm not sure if they used the same seat slide system sold on NautiqueParts?

Also need help with how the carpet is installed, particularly how far it should go up the sides and how far it goes up underneath the bow and what that looks like.  I do have one piece of carpeted wood under the bow screwed to the deck running fore/aft, but I think there is another one that goes under the driver's feet?

I think there is also a piece of wood that goes in front of the ski pylon that I am missing.  If anyone has specifications for that (type wood, dimensions, finish, etc.) that would help a lot.

Also wanted to see if anyone knows the closest match for the orange-ish stain that was used on the swim platform and wood parts?

Any pics that can be provided would help a lot.  Or if someone has an original boat in the Mid-Atlantic area they wouldn't mind letting me take a look at?
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2023 at 9:14pm
The Stain is easy, the wood is Teak and you buy Teak Oil to treat it.  Can't help on your seat question.

FanBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FanBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2023 at 9:38pm
The plywood parts seem to have some sort of orange-ish stain on the exposed side.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic