Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1987 CC Trailer Paint Color

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mark_in_Maine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark_in_Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1987 CC Trailer Paint Color
    Posted: August-09-2023 at 11:06am
Hi Folks:  Its been a while since i have posted and I hope everyone here on the forum is doing well.

I have a 1987 SN with the original trailer that I purchased new in the Spring of 87.  The boat is white with red stripe and the trailer is a red garnet sort of color which has faded over the years.  The trailer is currently at a welding shop here in Maine having some work done to the fender skirts as well as some other miscellaneous maintenance. The resource doing the work told me that he could respray the trailer at a reasonable price, but wanted to know the paint color and type of paint. So that is my question.  Does any know the original red paint color that was used for a 1987 trailer as well as the paint brand/type?  TY as always for any assistance/help! 
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 6:07am
When I redid the 87 trailer for my 88' for the masters in 09; I used rustoleum red bought a couple quart cans, thinned it out and shot it with a sprayer I bought from Summit Racing. Here's the link.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Mark_in_Maine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark_in_Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 11:06am
Morfoot, thanks for the reply.  Your entire boat/trailer/tow rig look freaking awesome.  

My 87 SN 2001 is a white with maroon or deep ruby red and of course the trailer paint was setup to match that color as opposed to the brighter red of your rig.  I will go down the rustoleum route and see what I can find for colors that are close.  TY
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2023 at 11:23am
The trailer was originally maroon. The 1st owner of my 88' didn't want a trailer for it as it was headed straight to his dock and put on a lift. in the late 90's he tried to sell it but couldn't as no one wanted it because it didn't have a trailer. He found a maroon one and did a sorry job of painting it red. I was pleasantly surprised that it matched as close as it did. Good Luck!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic