NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1979 floor drawing with measurments

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Evilsizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evilsizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 floor drawing with measurments
    Posted: July-27-2023 at 11:24am
Im looking for a simple drawing with measurments showing original location of bulkhead, battery, and so on. Can any help?
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2023 at 10:20pm

well, i guess you could measure the distance between tracking fin mounting holes and get pretty close to locate the bulkhead.
notches in the stringers where the wood was placed to mount the seats. can't remember where the battery box was in relation to the bulkhead.  a 79 is pictured. you'll get some measurements in a day or two i'd bet.

how far into a rebuild are you and why not start a build thread with pictures.
Evilsizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evilsizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2023 at 3:36pm
Thanks, someone else started the project snd i took over. No measurmants were taken.
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2023 at 8:08pm
I'll dig deep but original stringer height and engine mount centerlines may be long gone.

Someone has a boat they could pull a tape measure from the transom to the front engne mount hole along with 4 sringer elevations, 1 - gas tank height, 2- stringer height just in front of the gas tank, 3- stringer height in front of front motor mount, 4- stringer height at front engine mount.
This would get you real close.
Can you see where the floor was tabbed onto the hullsides ?
Can you post some pictures of the boat and all the hardware you have ?

Only thing you need is to locate engine position and elevation.
How much of this kind of work have you done before ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic