Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airguide Speedos inop

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SGreer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGreer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airguide Speedos inop
    Posted: July-19-2023 at 10:03am
I have an 89 ski nautique and both speedos died. The right one started to leak water under the panel. I assume that the problem is it’s the gauge and not the tube. Are these gauges available or does Airguide do rebuilds? Or is there any tricks to getting these working. Thanks!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2023 at 8:31pm
It could be something easy like the hose leaking where it pushes on to the barb on the back of the speedometer, or it could be the bellows is leaking at the solder joint.

I'd take both speedometers out of the dash and pressurize them with air and see if they respond.

(or see where they might be leaking)

30 psi gives about a 50 mph reading, so if you use some pressure less than that, like 20 to 25 or so, you won't over range or damage the speedometer A compressor with a regulator that you can adjust will work good)

There are other things to look at, but this should be a good start and give you some information.

PS.....Airguide went the way of the dinosaur Wink

If you end up needing one or two try a post in the parts wanted section.

Somebody will probably come along and tell you to get them fitted with GPS internals
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2023 at 11:37pm
Just like to add to Kens ideas is that sometimes the bellows split from water getting in and freezing.Sometimes they can be silver soldered back together. Like he says you'll know more when you get inside.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SGreer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGreer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2023 at 12:42am
Thank you! I’ll look into those things…
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic