NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Towing - Honda Pilot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 7:20pm
Let me be first in line for that Xplan. Give me 2-3 years. (if possible)
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 7:30pm
no problem PLBC I said anyone, anytime. My email is shown now. don't know why it wasn't before.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

perfect example 1979 F-250 4X4 rust free, bet you can't find one for under $10,000. resale on that truck is more then it was new.

I agree with a lot of the things you have said,but have to question this one-at least in the NE.First,if you actually found one(rust free)the owner would probably want more than 10k for it.Problem is,there aren't many people looking for a truck like that for that kind of money.They would have to have some kind of personal attachment to that type of truck to justify it with so many newer used trucks out there for not much more money.

Example:my brother in law currently owns an 86 or 87 Chevy 4WD(not sure of the year).It has ,3900,yes 39 H-U-N-D-R-E-D original miles on it.Shortbed Silverado,loaded.It had a 4" lift and 35" tires installed at the dealership when new,before the original owner drove it home.He is the second owner of the truck,and the PO gave him the original unused tires and wheels and all the stock unused parts.It has never been driven in the rain,sat covered in a garage when parked(wheel covers and all),still has the factory stickers on the exhaust and is in absolutely new condition(literally).He wants to sell it,but can't because no one wants to buy a truck that old for that kind of money.He feels it's worth all of 15k,and it probably is,if the right buyer comes along.But that hasn't happened,and as far as I can see,it doesn't matter how nice it is or what you feel it's worth,or how much the "advertised"price is.....If you can't actually sell it,it isn't worth anything.

By the way,if anyone is interested in buying it,it's probably the nicest Shortbed Chevy in the country that vintage.He hasn't driven it all summer because he doesn't want to roll it to 4000 miles.Truely sad.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 10:53pm
I think old 4X4s are like old Correct Crafts; they hold their value very well inspite of age.
By the way, I look for the Union Label -- and buy the one next to it!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 7:49am
Jimbo, I am curious about your stance on the union, the concept is a great one, provide the American worker with a safe and fair working environment, healthcare and pension. Like many other good things it certainly has been abused, so what's the answer? What percent of non union co's/mfr's or products next to the union label provide those things which in turn shelter us as taxpayers from footing the bill?

87BFN, I like Fords and have had good luck with them, last one I had, 01 GT Conv, 5 yrs and 40k never had an issue even as it was primarily used by my teenage Son and the wife.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 10:59am
plbc quinner 87 bfn i 120% agree with most of your posts! i read this and being a union sheet metal worker this foreign car crap irks me to no end! why buy foreign when you can buy american, which the prifits and taxes stay here(quinner?)
look at any foreign truck, compare gvw payload etc and nothing will touch an american truck! i loved the comment about the american flag stickers on foreign cars..one word dumb$$.if it wasn't for unions scabs would not make what the make! miller is union workers still..ford super duty trucks are the best imo also..m3 loved the link to the miller article.
Busted Knuckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busted Knuckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 1:37pm
so , pretty much figured where this thread was headed , simular to my SnoMo forums.

Union / non union , Domestic / Foreign

upfront cost / long term cost
And then I asked my Union Steel Mill Neighbor
how do you feel about that brand new Nisson Maxima ? Reply , oh it's a great car we love it , and what does your union buddies think about it? oh we get a discount because we made the steel............

you should be more worried about the $#@% imported from CHINA , than Japan.

BKG
Volante Barefoot Skier built by American Skier Boats -
www.footngear.com
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 9:47pm
The guy that bought my 78 tows it with a Pilot. He lives around the corner and has related a few problems with towability, but everyone drives differently. For me, I have a 3/4 ton Suburban (diesel off course!) for the 96 sport and dual axle trailer. I had this truck since new and it will run forever. I thought I needed a shiney new truck so I bought a GMC Z71 last year. Tons of power! Pulls great, but the Sub is so much smoother and solid on long trips. I sold the new truck after about a year and went back to the sub. If you plan on towing much, out-weighing your load is a good thing!
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 4:15pm
well we wouldn't have to worry about imports at all if we all bought american products. I think every american should have a job, place to live, and food to eat before we worry about what is happening in other countries.

What really pisses me off is when our gov. sends our tax dollars to other countries to help them feed their populations that are out of control. Yet the same gov that helps other countries turns its back on it's own population.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic