Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Re-Upholster?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 11:09pm
hey eric what place do you use,i drive the chardon,burton,middlefield,run for the trucking company i work for,i will need upholstery work for my 1970 project,when the time comes ,thanks dan in streetsboro.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 10:50am
over hear in Ohio, we got these people called the Amish, I send a boat or car over there, (cant call them, no phones oh yeah no sundays either their at church) and they do beautiful upholstery work and they are a third of the price, but they are wising up on the $$$$$$$. man when you go down there its like turning off the clock.
it is really an experience if you have ever dealt with the amish
"the things you own will start to own you"
joed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 8:18am
I believe I've read that you can order new skins from your CC Dealer. If so... I think that would be your best bet if you are looking to keep it "original".

My wife and I bought a heavy duty sewing machine off eBay and taught ourselves when we bought our 86 Eliminator. Vinyl is cheap... but the foam is kinda pricey. It was a fun project, and turned out rather well.

For what it's worth... Joe
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 12:14am
As my ski season comes to a close I am contemplating re-upholstering my 95 interior (or having someone do it). Carpet looks worn too.

I've seen som ratty looking amatuer jobs, and some cheesy looking pro jobs complete with diamond tuck vinyl.

Not all my vinyl is trashed. The back seats are cracked, and all of the top surfaces are thin and brittle. Some have mildew stains I can't get out.

Suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic