Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

71 corect craft mustang

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dcmckin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcmckin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 corect craft mustang
    Posted: June-11-2004 at 12:38pm
I came accross a 1971 correct craft mustang. 200 engine, quite clean. The hull is a bit dinged up, but nothing major. I would like to add a ski platform, and possibly a ski pylon. Are these modificatioons possible?
And the asking price is $3400. That seems high, but i am not sure.
Thanks

Please help me
dcmckin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcmckin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2004 at 12:07pm
Wow!!!!! Thanks for the advice and interest in helping me out. Sorry to bother you "fans".
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2004 at 2:35pm
Darren, check out my 66 Wildcat in the diaries section. The ski pylon was added, and also the swim platform. check to see if you have an anchor pocket molded in the keel. It should be a brass cup molded in the glass. My pylon is solid 6061 t-6 aircraft aluminium, with the swivel turned in it. At the bottom, under the floor, it goes thru a 6" steel channel, with two bolt tabs welded across the ends, and bolted thru the stringers. It has two alum. collar clamps, one on top and bottom of the channel. the bottom is turned, to fit into the cup molded in the keel,a hole is drilled thru both, with a 1/4" pin holding the pylon in. You can see this pretty well in the pic. with the floor removed. Don't have a pic. of the swim platform posted, but if you like, I can e-mail some to you. Don't get too perturbed about your posts, most members are out in their boats on the week-ends, and don't reply till Monday. Hope this helps. Also, I paid $3,000.00 For my 66, and have put a couple more in the engine! The floor and everything else was minimal.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2004 at 5:30pm
No bother. I paid 700 for my 66 Barracuda because the engine and tranny were full of saltwater. However the interior and exterior were in good shape I figured 3K for the engine and tranny so your price seems fair. Any time we can help let us know. By the way I know of a 68 318 block bored .60 over ready to go. Speed Specialities in El Cajon Ca got it all ready put it togeather and found that they had sent him an LM block when we needed an M block.
dcmckin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcmckin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2004 at 9:58pm
Thanks guys. he's not budging from his 3400 so i will wait it out. I don't think he'll get it in this area. I am willing to go 2500. Let's see.
Darren
ken@ckbd.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken@ckbd.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2004 at 12:54am
Darren,

Just a note: this weekend is one of the Correct Craft reunions in Ohio. Nobody promptly responded to your post because many of the die-hards are there. Not to mention that it's the weekend and many are simply out using their boats. Cool your jets a little.

When I added my swim platform, I ordered the CC factory hardware. It was set up correctly for the stern angle so the platform sits level with the water; it doesn't pitch up or down, like so many homemade additions you see out there. Not to mention that it makes removing the platform a piece-of-cake.

Good luck gettin' the boat; they're a lot of fun.
68 Mustang
dcmckin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcmckin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2004 at 10:43am
well he isnt budging from his 3400 price, and I just dont think it's worth it in the condition it is in. I am hoping he calls and says he'll take less, and then we can talk.

Thanks and enjoy those CC's.
Darren

Sorry for the sarcasm earlier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic