Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dash Switches

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gobluemike2142 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dash Switches
    Posted: June-20-2018 at 12:56pm
Any of you guys changed out the push button switches on a 90's era CC? I've got a 96 SS and the acc3 button (interior lighting) doesn't work all the time. It got me thinking, that one and a couple others are kinda hard to push in and they just seem like they need to be swapped out. What do I get? Is it hard? Any input?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 1:55pm
You can probably find them here:
Skidim breaker page

I have also cleaned mine by spraying some WD40 inside and working the button a few times then following up with some contact cleaner. Disconnect them before doing this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 2:03pm
Ok thanks I'll take a look. I know when doing some radio work and I looked over there and man, lotta wires. Made me a little apprehensive. I swear there is more than 2 pins on those switches but I'll take a look next time with the boat.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 3:41pm
Nautiqueparts.com has them. Easy swap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2018 at 11:11am
Anybody know which one I should get (amp rating) for ACC 3? In my boat it is going to do the LED strips behind the coaming pads and the 4 JL LED lights as well.
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2018 at 11:41am
Not sure exactly. It all depends on how much load you are gonna put on them. I am not familiar with the LED stirps/lights you are using, but since they are LED they probably don't have much draw. You want breakers that are close but not shy of what you need. if you are drawing 3 amps total with all lights, you will be safe with a 4, 5, or 6 amp breaker. If you plan on adding anything else to the switch you will need to make sure you have the correct breaker for the total load. But you don't necessarily want to go with 20 amps just for the possibility of adding something later.
-Spiral
'89 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2018 at 12:26pm
Close, but do not forget the wiring portion. The breaker should be sized to protect the most vulnerable (lowest current rating) component in the circuit... this is usually the wiring. The wiring size used should be dictated by the load it is intended to carry. There is no harm in using a lower rated breaker, but don’t do the opposite.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2018 at 5:42pm
Thanks guys. 10 amp should do the trick for some small LEDs.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 12:26pm
From White Lake:

These breakers come in various AMPS depending on what function they control.
Please select the quantity of each AMP that you need.
In most applications the amps and functions are as follows:

2.5 amp - used on bilge pump and auto bilge pump
6    amp - used on blower
8    amp - used Barefoot Nautique pump & auto pump
10 amp - used on navigation light, anchor light, and accessory
20 amp - used on ignition (main)
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by gobluemike2142 gobluemike2142 wrote:

Thanks guys. 10 amp should do the trick for some small LEDs.

IMO 10 amp breaker is way big for LED's. Like Tim said but a 3 amp would probably be plenty of breaker. The wire strip used for LED's most likely won't carry near 10 amps.before melting. Use a 3 amp and see if it will hold.
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Mike81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 5:47pm
Fyi like someone said spray wd40 and let it sit. The ones on my 97 hadn't been used in 4 years and none worked. Squirted a tiny bit of wd40 let sit for 2 days and they all work perfect.

Theyre expensive to replace, like $25 each

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2018 at 11:13am
Where do I spray?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2018 at 11:40am
Around the button worked for me.
Susan's 78 Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2018 at 12:59pm
Do you have the metal toggle switch labels on your boat like the older ones? If so, there's a guy on ebay that sells them cheap. I bought four (4) for $10 total for my Ski Tique and they were identical to the originals and I got them in the mail in about 3 days!
Seller's name on ebay is "rcr2002"

My '78 Ski Tique Family Boat
Purchased NEW in the summer of '78
Restoring it LIKE NEW for the summer of 2018!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2018 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Susan's 78 Tique Susan's 78 Tique wrote:

Do you have the metal toggle switch labels on your boat like the older ones? If so, there's a guy on ebay that sells them cheap. I bought four (4) for $10 total for my Ski Tique and they were identical to the originals and I got them in the mail in about 3 days!
Seller's name on ebay is "rcr2002"

Nope there are labels next to each switch. I like that though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 10:15am
Hey guys, wanted to say thanks to desertskier and Mike81. WD40 around the button, wait 5 minutes, first push and light comes on. Worked some WD40 into the rest of the breakers just because why not, and butter now. Saved me a ton of work behind the dash and it was way too hot for any more work than necessary. Cheers.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by gobluemike2142 gobluemike2142 wrote:

Hey guys, wanted to say thanks to desertskier and Mike81. WD40 around the button, wait 5 minutes, first push and light comes on. Worked some WD40 into the rest of the breakers just because why not, and butter now. Saved me a ton of work behind the dash and it was way too hot for any more work than necessary. Cheers.

Nice! I’m gonna give it a run tomorrow!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic