Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 compression

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
curiouslibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curiouslibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2018 at 4:32am
Also forgot to mention I got a acme 422 prop that I’ll put on and hopefully get a higher rpm and speed than what I’m getting now on an OJ which I think might be original which is 40.1 mph (gps) at 4900 rpm. Hoping for 42 at 4950 or 5000.
W
i
l
l

"Don't argue with idiots, onlookers will not be able to tell the difference between the two of you, as the idiot drags you down to their level and beats you with experience."
curiouslibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curiouslibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2018 at 4:27am
I bought my 99 air nautique last year and forgot to get a compression test just for
Baseline numbers. When I got it dewinterize this week the dealship did a compression test and was surprised by the numbers for a boat this old. 156 was the lowest and 165 the highest. I asked what was normal and they said 125. Is that right?I know the PO said they had done an engine rebuild but had no paperwork so I didn’t know if one had been done or not but the dealer said it’s definately not a standard GT-40 head and it looked to them from the numbers they were getting that it’s definatly modified and might even be a 302 head giving a smaller space thus a higher compression ratio? My concern is should I only put premium gas to avoid predetenation? They also said by how fast it revs it seems like I might have a modified cam as well. I bought new AIV to replace the old one as the engine sometimes gets into a loping idle that ends in either the engine dying or I give it enough throttle to get the engine above idle and then it smooths out and runs great. The dealship seems to think the ecm just can’t keep up with the modifications to the engines at idle. But I think if the ecm can make the engine run great at every speed but idle I’m hoping the AIV can fix that. I’ll let you know after I replace it and test it out on the lake again.
W
i
l
l

"Don't argue with idiots, onlookers will not be able to tell the difference between the two of you, as the idiot drags you down to their level and beats you with experience."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic