NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dash pod removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
proc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dash pod removal
    Posted: December-07-2016 at 2:07pm
was going to removal my 1991 sport nautique upper gauge dash to take it into the house to work on over the winter. before i do anything does it have plugs that can be unplugged? or do i have to cut wires? any pics of people doing this removal would help out great. thanks
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 2:47pm
The harness should have an 8 pin plug like the engine side.
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 3:21pm
When I removed mine it had several plugs, the 8 wire plus a couple others. I don't have a good picture of it. I had to cut 3 wires to get the pod and breaker panel off. Everything else was quick disconnect. The hoses for the speedometers also have to come off. 1 thing I learned during disassembly was there is not much holding the kick panel in place. It is mainly wedged in unless you have a heater or something else mounted to it. With that out of my way, getting the dash pod disconnected was much easier.
'92 Sport Nautique
proc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 4:53pm
thanks i hope i dont have to cut any wires. also any tick to fixing the screw holes that have broken?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic