Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1995 SNOB winter overhaul

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2016 at 12:22am
I am a believer that if you are going to seal up the top of the compression chamber you may want to seal up the bottom with some new rings. It is not required but something to consider. A new circulating water pump is something to think about also. Let's see some pictures of the new colors.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2016 at 11:46pm
Well, the time has come to put some time and money into my SNOB. . I sold my 82SN earlier this year. I am really glad I did, because the young guy, 24, had a great time this summer with it and is really excited about having the SN.

I have never liked the purple and teal, but the boat was in such good condition when I bought, I just couldn't let it go. It has been a great boat. It has about 825 hours on it and has been well maintained over the years. This is my problem list and plan:

Problems:
1. Leaking rear main seal
2. Worn out interior
3. Water jacket on one head has been leaking water for the last 3 years and the JB weld just isnt cutting it any longer
4. Rub rail has seen too many of my kids (and wife) learn to drive.
5. Stereo head unit is dated.

Plan:
1. pull motor and replace heads with GT40 heads, maybe do a full engine rebuild.
2. New skins, paint new stripes on the boat.
3. New rub rail and stereo
4. Redo packing, and anything else that looks like it could be refreshed.

So far:
Earlier this summer, I sat with the family and threw out a bunch of color swatches from Christines and we decided on a new color scheme. I ordered all new skins. They have arrived and look great.

Today, I pulled out all the interior, removed the rub rail, and got the engine ready to be pulled out.

I would have pulled the engine today, but a friend of mine recently got diagnosed with cancer (50 years old), and it isnt good. His wife called a friend early this morning in a panic that his treatment has him so weak that he cant walk and is in a wheelchair. So, a group of us got together and went over and built a ramp. Sometimes life just sucks. I have known him since HS.

I will post some pictures as it gets done.....hope you like the color choice! If not, its my oldest daughters fault.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic