NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cleaning GT-40 Throttle body

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
trsulliv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsulliv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning GT-40 Throttle body
    Posted: July-18-2016 at 12:05am
I want to clean the throttle-body on my 1998 GT-40 with throttle-body cleaner, but there is a sticker on the outside that says " Do not to use a cleaner because of special coatings". Does anybody know if there is a suitable cleaner that can be used without harming the coatings?
Cheers,

trsulliv
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2016 at 12:29am
Try googleing ford throttle body cleaner,this is what I found-
There are three reasons why you have to be careful, both in choice of solvent and in application: First, if the throttle body has a protective coating (as on many Ford products) to reduce the buildup, a strong solvent and hard brushing will remove it, so you'd have to do the job more often. If you see a warning label on a Ford product, that's why.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
trsulliv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsulliv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2016 at 1:11am
Thanks, Maybe I will go to a Ford dealer and see what they sell.
Cheers,

trsulliv
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic