Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WANTED: TANDEM AXLE TRAILER

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
89 Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WANTED: TANDEM AXLE TRAILER
    Posted: May-18-2004 at 5:53pm
I am looking for a CC Tandem Axle Trailer that will fit a late 80's (87-89) Martinique (mine is an 89, but I guess that is obvious from the screen name). The boat is currently on a CC single axle trailer. I typically travel 4-5 hours one way to use the boat and prefer the stablity of a tandem axle trailer.

Any help in this search would be greatly appreciated.
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 8:10pm
I want to trade my tandem axle for a single axle. I don't tow very long distances and I would like the extra mobility backing it around in the back yard. Where are you located?
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 9:35pm
I am in Southern California, but I am willing to travel for the right trailer. Where are you located?

After I purchased the boat, I put on new lights and harness, coupler and brake actuator, bearings and brake assemblies on the trailer. This was about a year ago.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2004 at 1:21pm
Check with M2O marine in San Diego. When the old Nautique dealer sold out they had 2 or 3 trailers in the lot that were tranfered over.
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2004 at 1:54pm
I'm in Georgia. ...probably WAY too far. Mine is a shoreline tandem axle. It is very strong and it tracks flawlessly. It does not have brakes. I would love to find a single axle to trade.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2004 at 6:29pm
Rick,

Thanks for the reply! I contacted M2O, they were great, but unfortunatly did not have a trailer that would work. Where do you ski in San Diego

jameski,

Georgia would be a Looong trip. A trade would be great for me too but for the distance. I will keep you in mind if nothing else comes up.

Thanks
roberts View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2004 at 1:05am
im here in san diego
what would yo ube willing to sell your trailer for?
also got any pics?
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2004 at 1:10am
We ski at San Vincente. I just can't bring myuself to put my boat in salt. Try H2O Sports in Corona Mike may know of some other trailer sources. 909 314-0046 Also AA Marine in San MArcos. If you go new go with DHM in Sacramento. There trailers are great Where do you hang out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2004 at 5:32pm
Rick,

I have heard of San Vincente but I have never been there. I agree with boat in salt position. I live within a half hour of Marine Stadium in Long Beach and have never put my boat in there. If you know Mike at H2O Sports do you know Bill also? Bill's family and mine used to ski together alot out at the River.

I almost always go to the River near Needles. That is reason for wanting a tandem trailer, long haul at freeway speeds.

DHM has come highly recommended to me in the past. I have been trying to stay with CC original equipment but may have to go new.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2004 at 5:52pm
roberts,

I have not thought about a sales price for the Single Axle. I was going to cross that bridge after I got a tandem. I cannot sell it until then anyway.

I will let you know when I am ready to sell either by posting here or you can give me an email address. I do not have a current picture but I will when I am ready to sell.

What model boat do you have?
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2004 at 11:39pm
Yes I know Bill but I met Mike while he was at the old CC dealer in El Cajon. Last time I spoke top him he told me he had the title to a couple of the trailers that the CC dealer I don't know where they ended up. I've always been afraid of the river due to the sand bars You have any problems there?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2004 at 8:38pm
The stretch of river that I play on is between Needles, Ca. and the mouth of Lake Havasu(sp?). The river is relatively deep, 15 feet, through that stretch and I have not had any problems with underwater hazards. I have been to the river near Yuma and there alot of sand bars. I have never been back, too scary. I am also told that there a problem with sand bars in the Blythe, Ca. part of the river.
danman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2004 at 4:03pm
89martinique- I have a 1987 mastercraft 190 tandemn axle trailer under my 78 ski nautique right now, I want a cc single axle trailer soooo bad. I would be willing to trade you if you would like. send me some pics of your trailer - danmalkowski@hotmail.com , and I will send you some of mine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89 Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 5:06pm
danman,
Thanks for the reply. I would like to trade also but the Martinique is a deep vee and I suspect will not fit on your trailer with out major modifications.

Thanks!
Tranner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2004 at 7:46pm
danman, Where do you live? I am in Southern California and looking to trade my single axle for a dual. Mine is for an 85 SN 2001.
If you are close to me, send an e-mail to jtran020@cox.net and we can talk.
roberts View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2004 at 1:28am
i have a 75 martinique
salt isnt bad for a boat as long as
you completely rinse the boat an run fresh water threw the motor for at least 10 mins.
i wanted to take my boat to a lake here in san diego but there was a friggin waiting list to even get it in the water.
F that
i go to the san diego bay almost everyday.
i only spend about 15 mins afterwards on rinseing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic