Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Morse throttle slips

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gjsullivan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjsullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morse throttle slips
    Posted: June-11-2006 at 12:38pm
I have a 90 sport and the Morse MV2 throttle slips back when running. I thought I saw an adjustment post on this site a few years ago but can't find it now.

Does anyone know how to make an adjustment on the throttle control so it stays in position?

Thanks,
Glenn
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 10:49am
I just read the entire Owner's Manual for my Morse MV-2 control. The manual does not mention any adjustment to solve your condition. I can only offer the suggestion that you possibly go to lighter spring on the carburetor arm. I will warn against removing the spring as it serves a very important safety purpose in returning the carburetor to idle if the throttle cable should break.
Greg_SA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg_SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 12:48pm
Hi,

Did you ever solve the problem on your throttle slipping?

Maybe the "built-in friction drag" wears out? Maybe there is something that can be replaced inside the MV-2?

Regards,
Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic