Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking at 1987 SN 2001 *Pics*

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking at 1987 SN 2001 *Pics*
    Posted: April-14-2016 at 2:38pm
I'm shopping for a boat as well and am struggling to how to make peace with potential stringer problems.

I don't think it's realistic to expect a seller to have drilled holes in their boat to check the stringers. But, without having them checked how can you buy?

I've upped my budget to $15k to find an all fiberglass boat.

I still love the looks of the 2001 and the price. When a nice one comes along for $5k its hard not to think a gamble might be worth it.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 2:24pm
My boats are both well maintained and I have never checked the stringers. I don't know why you would unless you suspected a problem.
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

That doesn't mean they are bad. The majority of owners probably don't know what a stringer is.

True, it doesn't mean they are bad- but as a prospective buyer, if a seller tells me they've never checked the stringers on an 82-89 2001 I'm going to be fairly skeptical about the 'overall' upkeep and condition of the boat.
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

That doesn't mean they are bad. The majority of owners probably don't know what a stringer is.

Yea, and I hope I never see another one!!!
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 1:39pm
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by geecee geecee wrote:

Originally posted by bb12 bb12 wrote:

What do you guys think of this '85? Obviously the tower and windshield tint would have to go! Has a rebuilt Chevy 350 in it with about 75 hours on it (rebuilt due to cracked block). Asking price is $5500...

How rare is the Chevy motor? Pros/cons?

That looks like the mercruiser chev engine. I have it in my '83
It was generally placed in export nautiques as parts were easier to come by at the time.

I live in South Africa, so most of the ones I looked at had the mercruiser engine.

I have no problem finding spares (havent had to find many yet though)

Thanks for the info, but that boat is out of the running. When I asked the seller about the stringers he said he's never checked them, but yet he replaced the carpet. You own an 85 2001 and you've never checked the stringers??!! C'mon man!!!
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 8:09am
Originally posted by bb12 bb12 wrote:

What do you guys think of this '85? Obviously the tower and windshield tint would have to go! Has a rebuilt Chevy 350 in it with about 75 hours on it (rebuilt due to cracked block). Asking price is $5500...

How rare is the Chevy motor? Pros/cons?

That looks like the mercruiser chev engine. I have it in my '83
It was generally placed in export nautiques as parts were easier to come by at the time.

I live in South Africa, so most of the ones I looked at had the mercruiser engine.

I have no problem finding spares (havent had to find many yet though)
1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2016 at 10:32pm
Wow, that took less than two weeks to sell! Sorry about that.
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2016 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

The 1989 at Son's is an excellent boat, nice drive up 35W! He will be there today (Saturday) he also works Monday, Wednesday's and Fridays.

I called Dave this morning. They sold the 89 last week...we talked for a bit- he knows his Nautiques! He took my name and number- said he'd keep an eye out for me.
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2016 at 11:28am
The 1989 at Son's is an excellent boat, nice drive up 35W! He will be there today (Saturday) he also works Monday, Wednesday's and Fridays.
75kona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 7:37pm
Yeah Kansas to Washington would be a trip indeed!
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 7:34pm
75Kona- Wish I was closer to you! Looks like a nice boat at a fair price.

Skierox- Thanks for the lead...I'll give Dave a call and see if he can send me some pics. Sounds like a nice boat.
75kona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

I wish that you were a little closer to Minnesota, I would buy that boat. A really fair deal!

I wish I was closer too!
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 4:06pm
I wish that you were a little closer to Minnesota, I would buy that boat. A really fair deal!
75kona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 3:40pm
Thanks! Yeah I thought about that but after replacing a couple skins I think it would contrast badly with new vs the rest which are worn. I wanted to replace all of them but things came up and it just not in my cards right now to have a boat. My price is flexible knowing there is always work to be done.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 3:28pm
75K - You have a nice boat!

It might be worth getting a couple skins before selling.   

Should get your price, considering a new engine.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
75kona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 2:45pm
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/5528817233.html
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by 75kona 75kona wrote:

I was thinking about selling my 1987 2001 (Just posted it last night) but now after reading this thread I don’t think it’s worth what I want to ask for it.

What are you asking for it? Pics?

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
75kona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 2:25pm
I was thinking about selling my 1987 2001 (Just posted it last night) but now after reading this thread I don’t think it’s worth what I want to ask for it.
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 4:08pm
There is a 1989 in Minneapolis at the old Nautique dealer "son water sports" in Ramsey, Minnesota. You will need to call them at 763-422-9800. No pictures yet on the Son web site. The cost is around $8,000, low hours like the mid 500's. Well taken care of, older guy owned this one. 1989 Correct Craft trailer, color is teal and white.   Selling due to lack of use!

If you call, ask for Dave.

Scott
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2016 at 11:19pm
Well, the 86 was a winner, but I think I missed out . I talked to the seller tonight and a guy from San Antonio who had contacted him before me has said he's picking up the boat tomorrow. He said he would contact me if for some reason he backs out or the deal falls through.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2016 at 12:46pm
Also ask about the cover... looks decent and kept under roof. What else comes with boat? Skis, ski lines, jackets, oar, anchor, spare tire for trailer, dock lines, spare belts, impellers tool kit, hoses? This can be an easy grand you don't have to go out and spend right away and if you don't say something they might trash some of it!

This is an opportunity for him to empty stuff he doesn't want from garage etc.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2016 at 12:23pm
You should call the seller and tell him to take better pictures.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2016 at 12:21pm
Yeah... I know I throw my towels on dog house and seats to keep nice esp when the dog is on board... I'd think if I were selling I'd remove for the ad pics... either way... not a deal breaker, We've all had to replace skins etc. I'd just use to talk down a bit... also, why no full trailer pics?

Otherwise, this boat looks nice, as did the last five boats... have to get it out for water test
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2016 at 12:03pm
You'd think a prospective buyer is going to lift the towels to see the hidden vinyl but I have no reason to believe they are not any different than the driver or observer seat. Looks like a very well kept boat.

Yes, the hull and deck look like "cream brown"
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2016 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by JDD33 JDD33 wrote:

Originally posted by AAM196 AAM196 wrote:

Does it come with the towels strategically placed to hide the trashed interior?

The towel on doghouse has an interesting vent hole in front... Wonder whats going on there.

The hole in the doghouse towel is custom cut to get at the hande to lift the cover!

Towels might be covering up problems or the owner of 20 years is fussy and trying to protect the interior as best he can. I know I do!

I'm hoping he's just really OCD and the doghouse and back seat look like the observer and driver seat! I exchanged emails with him today- he said no stringer issues or soft spots in the floor and always stored indoors or on lift w/ cover. I'll give him a call tomorrow and get the scoop.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2016 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by AAM196 AAM196 wrote:

The towel on doghouse has an interesting vent hole in front... Wonder whats going on there.

The hole in the doghouse towel is custom cut to get at the hande to lift the cover!

Towels might be covering up problems or the owner of 20 years is fussy and trying to protect the interior as best he can. I know I do!
Old school goin back to school!
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2016 at 3:00pm
Nice to see a dash from 1985/86 that looks that good. Very hard to find since many have the painted lines, 2001 and Ski Nautique lettering being barely visible due to sun or being rubbed off with cleaning products. Too bad that the guy couldn't show a little more, especially the trailer? .

AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2016 at 2:56pm

bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2016 at 1:20pm
Came across this '86 last night (near Dallas). Looks like it's in good shape- might have some potential...I think it has the 'cream brown' hull...I haven't seen many that color. Initial thoughts from pics and limited info?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic