Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 experts required

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Keuka 95 GT40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka 95 GT40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2016 at 7:36pm
We are a few miles south of Penn Yan on the east side. Summertime cannot come fast enough...
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2016 at 9:51pm
I guess that'd put you somewhere around Camp Cory. Some nice coves over there.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2016 at 11:53pm
Keuka 95 GT-40,

Take a look through this thread, there are a number of different possibilities for a hesitation, and many of them are cheaper fixes than the distributor:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25584&title=poor-mans-gt40-diagnosis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka 95 GT40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 4:57pm
74 Wind - forgot to ask you before, can you recommend any mechanics on Keuka that could work on our '95 Nautique ?   Seagar Marine in Canandaigua is the closest Nautique dealer but I know there are plenty of Nautiques on Keuka.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 5:02pm
Keuka 95 - What a great place to be!   Love that area - We know the Viking's Owners....

Whatever happened to Harbor Lights? Behind White Lake, I thought they were the second oldest CC dealer......
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 5:32pm
Keuka95: there's a good mechanic on West branch near branchport who has worked on my brothers 72 Southwind for years, I'll get his name.

Air: haven't seen the viking party boat in years, or any for that matter. They beached the Keuka Maid (thank god..an ugly beast) and recently retired the Esperanza Rose, which was a beautiful craft

Harbor lights still there but not been cc for years. Don't go there much but have been known to frequent the Lakeside next door..
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka 95 GT40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 8:04pm
Thanks for the help with the mechanic's name.   i owe you a beer while drifting in front of The Waterfront on a Sunday afternoon for live music !   I'll be the guy paddling a nautique...
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Keuka 95 GT40 Keuka 95 GT40 wrote:

Thanks for the help with the mechanic's name.   i owe you a beer while drifting in front of The Waterfront on a Sunday afternoon for live music !   I'll be the guy paddling a nautique...

Haha that's funny! My family owned it in the 70's when it was The Vintage. I lived in a little apartment which is right where the dock bar on the right is now. We also ran The Wheel Inn, was that all before your time? Here's a few Waterfront sunday shots from last summer, I like the one with my 83 year old Mom....I hope I'm still rafting at that age...

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2016 at 10:38pm
Dan: Got it. TJ's Marine. Tom McKerlie 607-868-3416

And if you ever see this one at the Waterfront, its my brother, Say hi and tell him you're a correct craft fan.....

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka 95 GT40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2016 at 11:26am
Love the pictures !!   and thanks for the name at TJ's Marine. Here is a picture from last summer in front of The Waterfront. Just behind my son (showing off his motorbox dance moves) is my 83 year old dad enjoying another summer day.    Your brother's boat does look familiar...I will keep an eye out for him this summer.
LjonSF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjonSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 4:37am
hey this sounds exactly like my hesitation problem! considering I've fixed darn near everything else that could have caused it.. but wondering..    what does this stator/ hall effect sensor look like? just remove the distributor cap? and once I find it how did you secure the thang if it's loose?? lol thanks for any help.
Jon
how to buy a boat:
tell your sweetheart you're going to look at a boat.
come home with a boat.
Morten50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 9:19am
Hello Folks !

This message originates in Mallorca Pollença ! Hpoe you have a good time wherever you are located !

I'm searching exhaust maniofolds plus elbow risers plus gaskets (the full exhaust extraction kit) for ny Ford PCM Pro Boss 5.8 L 351w 285 HP V8 (type GT 40) engine. My boat is a Nautique Excel model 1992

Any hints where best to buy for reliable parts and efficient delivery service UPS or DHL here in Mallorca ?

Best regards to y'all
Morten
Morten50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 9:23am
I forget to arrange for warnings when there are replies
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 1:32pm
Not sure if your question got answered but Skidim.com or Nautiqueparts.com will have all your exhaust needs covered.
LjonSF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjonSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 4:34pm
hey so my reply above wasn't answered.. and my forum thread got 'locked' sheesh..

sounds like I'm having a very similar problem as described at the beginning of this forum..

the distributor looks pretty corroded by the stator etc. wondering now, can i take it apart and clean it? maybe just replace the whole distributor? can i source one at an automotive parts store? I'm here in CA hoping my 4th of July doesn't. suck but the boat gods seem to be mad at me. maybe just the stator is loose like this forum explained? just look in the distributor and wiggle the thing the sensor wires attach to? then secure it w/ silicone glue??

halp!!!!

(thanks)

Jon
how to buy a boat:
come home with a boat.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 4:44pm
I don't know if you need a GT40 expert or a boss pro expert but I don't believe the 285HP engine is a GT40. The GT 40 is a 310HP engine. My GT40 distributor has some visible corrosion too but it's functioning fine.
LjonSF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjonSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 4:48pm
Think it's a GT-40? PCM 5.8 'pro boss' GT-40

It's in a 99 sport nautique..
how to buy a boat:
come home with a boat.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 5:39pm
Oh of course. I confused you with another poster with the 92 Barefoot.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 8:04pm
Jon, sorry your question got missed. The GT-40 dizzy is available online, but I guess that wouldn't help you for the 4th. Generally marine versions of dizzy' shave extra spark protection, so you wouldn't want an automotive version.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka 95 GT40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2016 at 10:45am
Hey Jon - after a few delays, we finally got our Nautique into the dealer and yesterday I made the trip to Keuka to give the boat a full test run. I'm happy to report the hesitation (skip) issue we experienced when the engine was warm has been fixed !   As my father tells me, the mechanic explained the FCC (fuel control cell) had a fuel line with a kink. The fuel line was replaced, elbow installed, and new fuel line installed from FCC to tank.   I can provide more details if necessary. There was some indication of "vapor lock" as a result of the kink from the bad fuel line.

Hope this helps.

PS - we survived last summer by making sure we kept the motor box open after a few skiers or if the boat was sitting at the dock for 1-2 hours before we went back out.   Our problem never surfaced on a cold engine.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2016 at 4:34pm
More info would be great.
Where was the kink? Where did they put the elbow (assuming where the line got kinked). Why did the fuel line need replaced all the way back to the tank? (Deterioration?)
Thanks this info may help others down the road.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2016 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Jon, sorry your question got missed. The GT-40 dizzy is available online, but I guess that wouldn't help you for the 4th. Generally marine versions of dizzy' shave extra spark protection, so you wouldn't want an automotive version.

You would have to do some research or maybe Mark knows but I thought I heard the auto and marine were the same
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2016 at 10:27pm
You might be right Gary. I hate to leave someone hanging but maybe that's better than responding with a generalization as an answer.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2016 at 10:32pm
Ljon, what's your simptom? your distributor looks pretty good...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2016 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

You would have to do some research or maybe Mark knows but I thought I heard the auto and marine were the same

Same and under 75 bucks w/core from Rockauto vs 500 at marine parts just make sure you get the correct type gear (steel or cast) I'm not sure which ours have.
You can also get the inside parts but as Lewy said their a pain to rebuild and for the cost of a new/referb just drop the whole thing in.
The only thing you have to do is put silicone in the cap vent, that's how one I ordered from skidim came so I've been getting local since.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2016 at 11:53am
Gary

What do you mean by silicone in the cap vent? I see the little cap. What needs to be done?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2016 at 12:19pm
The little button looking thing is a vent. Fill with silicone from the inside

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2016 at 12:33pm
So the objective is to seal the vent, correct?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2016 at 12:39pm
Yes that way gas fumes can't enter the cap and ignite
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2016 at 12:56pm
Thanks, buddy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic