NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shifts good into fwd, but bad into rvrs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Yak3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yak3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shifts good into fwd, but bad into rvrs
    Posted: June-05-2006 at 7:34pm
Finally got the idle situation figured out, just needed a different gasket between the carb and the manifold. I took it out on the lake and it ran awesome. The only issue I'm having is that when I shift into reverse it feels and sounds like crap. Going into fwd is fine, clean, whatever you want to call good. A friend suggested that the shifter might be out of adjustment, but i'm not sure how to realign it. There don't seem to be marks or anything. Ok, tried RTFM, but I didn't see anything about adjusting the cable or anything. Any ideas?
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 9:16pm
Put control in dead up neutral
disconnect trans cable
move arm on tranny till you feel indent
now adjust cable till it slips right on
tight backer nut and you got it

When I shift into reverse it always sounds a little funny, rough or how ever you want to describe it. I have been in many correct craft and reverse always sounded different.
What year is your boat?
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
Yak3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yak3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 10:09pm
!979 302 Commander
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic