Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can the bow support my weight?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Antique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can the bow support my weight?
    Posted: May-25-2006 at 3:43pm
Hello,

Just purchased a 92SN closed bow last month and have a question. I don't know if I'll ever do this, but........If I have to climb over the windshield onto the bow for (use your imagination here) whatever reason, will the bow support my weight? Has anyone ever done this?
Bill
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 4:01pm
ya i got i 92sn also,it holds me no problem,200#s
great boats

Good luck Munday
Antique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 4:07pm
Munday,

Nice to know I can get on the bow if I ever need to (with the engine off, of course)

Thanks,
Bill
Bill
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 4:49pm
Antique,

The bow should have no problem holding your weight. I wouldn't suggest a dance party out there (or other things left to my imagination), but you can walk,sit,crawl,etc. I do use it frequently if I am going into a beach so I can get out in shallow water & stop the boat before it hits the bottom.
Greg

86 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 8:13pm
As above, yes, no problem. One word of caution though. Resist any temptation to support your weight on the windshield as you maneuver yourself over it getting into or out of the boat. Very good chance that that will not support your weight.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 12:30pm
I know the construction of the bow deck of your (Antique) boat very well. Yes, it will hold your weight. Crawl under the bow and look at the bottom of the deck. You will notice reinforcement channels/beams/what-have-you running from side to side and space about every 8" oc. These "beams" give the deck the stregth to hold your weight without letting the deck flex (CC thought of everything). Also, the lifting ring adds support as well. Just make sure the wood support blocks below deck (at the threaded rod support the ring) are snug to the bottom of the deck. There is a nut on the treaded rod holding the blocks tight to the bottom of the deck. The purpose of this block is prevent the two screws at the lift ring from pulling out of the deck should the deck flex a bit when walking on it. I think I explained this properly, but who knows.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 1:27pm
'92 antique?... haha j/k
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Antique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2006 at 6:41am
Nate,

Just to clarify, I am the antique, not the boat.    Like they say, you can say something about me & I won't take it personally, but speak ill of my boat & that may be fighting words.

Our 92SN looks like new. Wish I could say the same about myself. I plan to retire within the next 5 years or so & went 1/2's on the 92SN with my 23yr old son.
Bill
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2006 at 8:14am
Safety tip # 35.

When standing on bow, be careful of a newly waxed bow and wet feet. You'll be slipping & bouncing of that dude before you can say,
" Oh, fudge!"
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:17am
yeah & to add to what morfoot said, yeah it'll hold your weight fine, but falling on it might do a little something to it, haha
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
KyleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Safety tip # 35.

When standing on bow, be careful of a newly waxed bow and wet feet. You'll be slipping & bouncing of that dude before you can say,
" Oh, fudge!"

that goes for freshly ioled swim platforms, and freshly treated rear vynil sun pads. hurts either way you slip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic