NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hull I.D. Location

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
captinr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hull I.D. Location
    Posted: May-18-2006 at 10:01am
Picked up our '68 Mustang last night and brought her home. I cannot find the hull i.d. number on the stern. My other three CC's had the id in the upper right corner of the stern but the '68 is smooth in that location. Any ideas?
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 10:19am
Hi captain,
    Look on top of your engine stringers.   Should be an aluminum plate with your numbers stamped.
    PS   St. Wheel should be there today.
    Thanks AT
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 11:21am
Yep, Dr. CC is right. The older boats did
not stamp on the stern. Should be and ID plate as he mentioned. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 1:07pm
Look on the stringer, just in front of the motor mount on the passenger side. It should be a M with 4 numbers. Someone could have covered it with the flooring.
Tim D
captinr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 1:13pm
There is a number M2321. Is that the whole number? I am used to the CTC.........
If that is the complete hull number, how do you tell what year the boat is? Thanks all!
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 1:20pm
Mine is a '66, and the number is M1924 or something like that. I emailed a guy at CC and asked how many boats they made that year, and he told me to give the serial # and he could give me some information, but I never got back to it.
Tim D
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 1:23pm
A friend of mine has a '66 CC American Skier, which is almost the same boat, he has a bench seat across the front just like the rear, and his number starts with an A. I can't remember, but the numbers are close to mine.
Tim D
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 2:10pm
Captinr,

Since 1972, the hull id numbers have been standardized across the industry. As I understand it, prior to 1972, it was kind of up to the boat companies. Below is an explanation of the post 72 ids. For prior dates, I think you're going to need to call CC with the seiral number to get a date of manufacture. BKH

For post 72, you will find the Hull ID Number on the right side of the transom, just below the rubrail.

For boats made in the US between 72 and 84:

12 digit code

Example ABC 12345 1272
- First Three Digits are manufacturer code
- Next five digits are serial number
- Last four digits are month and year for date of certification. This is not the model year, but the date the boat was made.

Alternatively another code was used between 72 an 84:

Example: ABC 12345 M73E
Last four digits indicate model year with last digit representing month made as follows

A - August          G - February
B - September       H - March
C - October        I - April
D - November        J - May
E - December        K - June
F - January        L - July

Boats made after 84 use the same code used today:

Example: ABC 12345 A900

First three - manufacturer code
Next five - serial number
Next letter - A through L, corresponding to January through December.
Next digit - Year boat was made
Last two digits - Model year of the boat.
Livin' the Dream

southwind19?? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southwind19?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2007 at 4:28pm
dose anyone have the CC e-mail?? my Ser number is SW1035
UUUmmmm HEY guys....whats THIS do?? If you start your sentence with UUmm....you probably don't know what your talking about
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic