NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lifting a 93 SN off the ground

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 2:34am
I'm not much use on this because I know more about the female brain than I do computers but one way to do it is save image to your desktop. Then go to the "post reply" section (not quick reply) and you'll see an image of a globe with an a arrow on it, click it then type in file name and vola. Images can't be large or it'll boot it out. There's many other ways to do it but this is the easiest to me and the only way I know.

Edit- image of tree, not globe.
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2014 at 2:27am
I don't know how to add pictures. Any help?
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2014 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Make a spreader bar out of an I beam or perhaps the person with the tow truck or crane has one.

I agree with Gary, that's what I'd do, lets you pick the boat completely clear so you can re-position the trailer if needed, or put the boat on blocks.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2014 at 5:35pm
It is going to want to twist (on to the running gear) when you initially lift it, I like the idea of a stack of tires under the opposite side that it is leaning on, right up close to the running gear. This way when you start to lift, it will hopefully roll onto the tires (and not onto the running gear). You only need this until the boat rights itself. I also am not sure if tires will actually work, you may need some actual boat jacks. As Chris said, you really only need to lift the stern, as it will pivot on the V of the bow. Lift the stern, set on two stands (or a cradle or piles of tires), then re-position and lift the bow, set on stand or trailer, etc.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 7:30pm
Can you just lift the stern? I would think that the bow will take care of itself, esp if tied down.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 2:30pm
Make a spreader bar out of an I beam or perhaps the person with the tow truck or crane has one.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 12:59pm
I'll work on getting some photos. I have a front end loader that I can lift it with, but the bucket is only 8 feet wide. I was worried about the bucket being far too narrow and pulling the eyes toward each other, rather than up. Actually, that is my main concern, even if I get a couple tow trucks to lift it. I'm going to block under the high side and the bow. The bow eye (that attaches to the trailer) is still attached to the trailer. I'll document the process.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 12:41pm
If it's on it's side, use the rings like Kevin mentioned and possibly strap and wrap hull from pylon to prevent twisting until it's clear of all obstacles.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 12:33pm
A photo would help, but from the description it sounds like you need something that can attach to the lifting eyes and pull it straight up. Might be a good job for a crane or perhaps a tow truck could do it. Is it still attached to the trailer at all?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 11:57am
I found a nautique that floated off it's trailer and is sitting on it's side, held up by the trailer tire. It doesn't appear any of the running gear has been damaged, but to move it, will put that in jeopardy. Any ideas how to save it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic