NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wetbike

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wetbike
    Posted: October-01-2014 at 1:11am
Are there any current or former Wetbike owners on CCF? How are they to ride? Once you ride one, does a person get bored on it like on a sit down jet ski? I've had my eye open for an '86 or newer(lighter than pervious years), but they're hard to come by locally. It looks like a fun piece of history to own, but I have not been around one. Any feedback would be nice to hear.
1992 Nautique Excel
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 8:16am
Never rode one, but I hear the parts are hard to come by and they not as nimble as say a Yamaha blaster or even a stand-up.

If you're in the market for a fun ski I'd look into the two I mentioned. If you live near the surf, then I highly recommend a blaster. Super fun, tons of parts and mods still available and pretty plentiful.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 10:20am
My dad bought one of the first Gens, maybe the first year they hit the market, 1976 iirc, we beat that thing into submission and Arctic Cat kept replacing parts, including the entire body, lol. Some years later they just gave him a nice buy on a new unit and thanked us for all the field testing!

My Bro still has one, think its 800cc or so, they are fun to ride but not nearly as nimble or quick as a stand up unit like JP mentioned, but they do get the "what the heck is that" looks.

Believe there is a Wetbike forum similar to CCF where you should be able to obtain more information, do know they also have gatherings like here on CCFan.
Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 10:43pm
Thanks for the information. I've read quite a bit online about the wetbikes, but I was looking for unbiased feedback so thought I'd ask here. My fear is getting bored on it. I was a proud owner of an 800 SXR up until I purchased my Excel, and I loved it. I'm trying to find something else now for $1500 or less, so I was going back and forth between finding a wetbike or a nice 650sx. I think I'll keep looking in the direction of a stand-up.
1992 Nautique Excel
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2014 at 11:05pm
This guy can ride. The wet bike, are you talking about the jet ski with the short ski on the front?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u4vuBh0iur8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Tim D
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2014 at 10:34am
FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF ALL
2 wetbikes on ebay
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2014 at 10:40am
Shhhh, no reason to SHOUT.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2014 at 11:01pm
I owned a wet bike in the past and it was fun but kind of got old after a while . I now own a super jet and couldn't be happier . Ski and wakeboard when water is calm . When all of the tubers come out and make waves - then GAME ON !!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2014 at 2:11pm
Those wetbikes relisted today at $1,300
80SN Barnfind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80SN Barnfind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2014 at 2:38pm
Just started the rebuild of my '86 60hp wetbike. A winter project for me and the kids. They are a blast to ride!

Knowledge comes by taking things apart: analysis. But wisdom comes by putting things together.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic