NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another binding question=face full of h2o

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another binding question=face full of h2o
    Posted: August-09-2014 at 9:58pm
Im skiing a 69" Senate, 200lbs @30 mph. The Vector bindings are set half in the middle of the factory holes.    Rear binding touching the front binding. Tried posting pics but seems half the time I have problems.

Problem is Im getting a face full of water part of the time. With contacts this is a B***** If I speed up to 32, it goes away, if I lean forward it goes away. I feel like I need to master 30 before bumping up, and leaning forward doesn't seem right and seems contrary to what a few coaches told me. Other than leaning forward which I don't like, I cant seem to find a posture to eliminate the spray and I've worked on this all summer. Should I move bindings forward 1 notch? Rear binding should be as tight as can be to the front, correct? I've moved bindings forward once but not sure what I thought.

Like Hollywood once told me, I should come up with sunglasses on and hair dry and parted right.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 12:59am
My first thought is that if going 32 solves the problem, what are you afraid of? But since you don't want to do that.

When are you getting the spray in your face? All the time or on your off side turns, or ??? When you say "lean forward" do you mean bending at the waist or do you mean putting more pressure on your front foot? Both feet are engaged when skiing. If you are doing everything with your back foot that's not quite right...

Could you post of video? That might help. Or you can just ski 32 and enjoy the ride.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 8:58am
Off side turns or when just skiing forward. I might put equal pressure on both feet.... Well maybe a bit more on the rear, why? idk. When I say lean forward I mean it feels like I'm putting quite a bit more pressure on front foot along with bending at waist. I'm gonna go in a few, this time move bindings forward again but I never hear of someone skiing on the front half if the settings.

And I ski at 30 bc I thought/feels easy so I can improve on form with the shaped ski. Aggravation is almost setting in as I had goals this summer I didn't meet.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 11:14am
it is the speed... to slow. That is a big enough ski for sure.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 12:23pm
Yeah this am I bumped it to 32, guess that's where I'll have to work at. At 32 I'm only getting the spray when crossing the wake because I can't seem to get on edge well.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2014 at 1:47pm
Pull from the core.. ski on edge till you cross thru 2nd wake.. problem will go away.

Terry Winter flicks.. good technique, talks about opening your body up to the boat if that makes sense:

gopro
terry 1
also
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic