Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1995 GT40 with "Hot Loping" issues

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keuka 95 GT40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka 95 GT40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1995 GT40 with "Hot Loping" issues
    Posted: July-22-2014 at 6:31pm
Does anyone have a fix for a "hot loping" issue ?    I've seen several strings in the past referencing a "hot loping" problem. Rough idle and sometimes stalls when running for several skiers and then sits for 20-30 mins.   When restarting, it will run rough, cough, sputter until I can burn through it...

Any thoughts ?
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 7:31pm
Keuka 95 GT40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka 95 GT40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 7:45pm
Thanks ! I followed this 2012 string earlier today and was excited to see the final few posts.   Looks like the end result and recommendation is the idle speed control valve (ISCV). Do you have experience with this fix ?   My engine knowledge is limited and the dealer we used last fall did not fix the problem we have.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2014 at 11:08pm
Keep the "tube within the Fuel Control Cell" in mind, as well as the Fuel Pump Relay and ECM Relay. Those are gonna be your lower dollar possibilities. Also note when your last full ignition tuneup was done.

I'm sure someone can weigh in with the ISCV changeout procedure. Should be fairly self explanatory when you see the new part. But, it may not be the cheapest possible cause of your issue.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 9:49am
Brian if he has a '95 GT40 it doesn't have the fuel cell they didn't start using them until the later models 98 or 99 I believe is when they came out.
With the relays almost always they either work or they don't.

I would have to go back through the post but I believe it was the IAC that fixed the lopeing idle.

Found it here's the cut and paste.
HOT LOPING PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

It was the ISCV (or whatever everyone here calls it, in the car forum I'm on, it's the idle speed control valve). I pulled mine and checked operation, cleaned it out, etc. Seemed okay, but I couldn't get ride of the hot loping. I managed to find the exact replacement from RockAuto for 1/4 what the marine folks wanted (exact same PN, etc.) so figured I'd go ahead and get a new one. I checked its operation with the old one and they seemed to do the same thing. But I put the new one in anyway just to see. I've had the boat out about six times but it has not been too warm / didn't really have perfect storm conditions so no loping problem. So I didn't know if I fixed it or not, until today. Today was the perfect storm. Mid 90s ambient, three boats in the pond (we only allow three at a time and we do boat rotation). When it is hot and my boat sits hot for 20-30 minutes (while the other two boats take their sets), I have always gotten loping, all the way to stalling. Anyway, hot, lots of the boat sitting around and going through the course every 30 minutes or so for some 5 hours. But it never loped. The idle might have been a tad rough (I think that is just a hot fuel issue), but idle never fluctuated more than 25RPM or so.

I wasn't sure that was the solution until today, when with the old ISCV it would have been loping like mad, stalling, etc..

I'm a VERY happy camper and can finally close this thread!!!!

IACV PN: e9se9f715eb (off the original valve)
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=945342
$55.79 + shipping
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic