Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3XL 4XL Barefoot Wetsuit For Good Cause?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3XL 4XL Barefoot Wetsuit For Good Cause?
    Posted: June-08-2014 at 12:00pm
Hey Guys,
Anyone have a 3xl / 4xl barefoot suit for sale for a good cause? We have a kid on the team that was using a VERY old barefoot suit pretty much just for 2 skiing. You can imagine that a 15 year old squeezing into a 3xl is taking a bunch of heat from the other kids. He defiantly has some body image issues.
The other day, he was taking a bunch of garbage from the kids for not progressing, so we got him on the boom to start the basics of barefooting (I know.........LOL--Me trying to teach anyone to foot) and his suit just disintegrated. Now, he does not want to come to practice because he only feels comfortable body wise while in a suit.
If anyone has one, I would like to buy it. Used and broke in would probably be better for this young man.
Thanks,
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2014 at 9:15pm
Hey there, we don't have one that size, but we'd like to donate towards getting him one. If you PM us your address we will get something in the mail tomorrow. Anything to help out a worthy cause. Is this kid in your ski club or is it a volunteer organization? Great job helping out!
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2014 at 12:53am
Hey Jay and Michelle,
Thank you very much for the offer!!! I think we have the money side handled, we were thinking a used one may fit him quicker and with less questions asked about where it came from verses a new one. He is a great kid and has found an outlet in the club. He is a member of our junior team, and with all the great athletes on the team, it is hard for him to compete. He finally consented to trying something different, and his suit disintegrated.
I was kind of hoping to find one used so I could just hand it over as something laying around. Anyhow, thank you for your generosity!
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
jsmith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2014 at 10:36pm
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Overtons-Mens-Pro-ComfoStretch-Full-Wetsuit&i=716720
I don't know if this helps but, Overton's have a 3xl suit on sale for $75. good luck
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2014 at 11:16pm
Hey Jason,
Thanks for looking that up! I just edited the title of the thread to "Barefoot Wetsuit" because the culture of the ski team is that many wear barefoot suits because they float so well. We can get him a new suit, but the break in period will be long, and honestly, I think he needs a 4xl.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2014 at 12:43am
once again I am reminded why I like the guys on this site so much..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2014 at 9:38pm
Thanks Guys,
He is good to go. He has a new one that needs to be broken in, but thats a start. Thanks again for all the kind offers and thoughts!
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic