NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calling GA Members

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2014 at 3:03am
Sounds good. The Misses has a wakeboard lesson at the cable park at 11am, but we'll stop by before
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2014 at 1:23pm
Gents, we'll be out again this weekend.
But we should also start planing a end of the season bash at lanier.
1st weekend of october like last year?
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2014 at 5:58pm
Bump
What abou 1st weekend in October?
1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2014 at 6:33pm
Funny you bring this up..... Mike and I were discussing this very same thing on the way back from Reid's...We are due for a crew meeting....I say let's do it this weekend weather permitting. OK (yeah I know) says she's in and misses seeing the gang. What say you?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2014 at 9:40pm
Just got back from a great day on Lanier.
We are IN for next weekend too!
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 8:12pm
This Sat is the Lanier Shore line sweep . We volunteer to help with the cleanup. Its from 8-1 we will be available after 1.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2014 at 11:13pm
Today was cold, windy and choppy, but I'm trying to improve my skiing anyway (thank you Andre for the hint re gloves, trying to loose cheater rope next)
http://youtu.be/-CwUMOKzhcs

So how about a end of the year reunion next weekend (just like last year same time)
1994 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 4:01am
Drag your back foot on the get up.
Switch your hands. Left palm up, right down.
Keep rippin'
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 12:34pm
Thanks Hollywood!
Will try the hand switch today
Ski has double boots, so no way to drag a foot
1994 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 12:36pm
Looked like 2 boots so dragging not an option. Regarding grip, todays coaches say what HW is telling you, as a RFF I have been using the "wrong grip" like you my entire skiing life, tried changing but just not feeling it. My only hope would be start the season on the new grip. I do switch it up when turning or resting in an effort to adapt.

Looked warm, it was 34deg around here last night, ughhh
Waternut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waternut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

Today was cold, windy and choppy, but I'm trying to improve my skiing anyway (thank you Andre for the hint re gloves, trying to loose cheater rope next)
http://youtu.be/-CwUMOKzhcs

So how about a end of the year reunion next weekend (just like last year same time)

Hard to say for sure but it looks like you ride your back foot very hard. When you ride your back foot hard, the only way to balance is to bend forward at the waist. Next time you go out, think about putting more weight on your front foot by pushing your front knee over your toes. This will allow you to bring your hips forward and in front of your shoulders. If you do it right, I think you'll notice the ski turns easier and you'll feel more comfortable through the wakes.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2014 at 1:33pm
I learn more by watching videos of non pro skiers, it kinda gives my a visual on what I need to improve on. Im no pro so take my opinions with a grain of salt. Like mentioned before, you seem to ride your back foot hard, which I'm trying to break. Also your arms seems to be very forward and out/up. Which I would think is pushing hips back. My coach (Matt Rini) is always telling me, hips forward, shoulders back which would put handle lower and tighter, like as if I'm humping it. I ride double boots, wish I didn't. It can be argued they're safer in a fall, but good luck creating 2 falls alike. Double feel better to me and I could never understand dragging a foot.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2014 at 8:47am
Thanks folks for all the good pointers! I'll work on this!
I'm still new to slalom (just above 10 outings on the ski) and once up happy to be there and then tend to forget these things again ;-)
Definately need more practice!
So GA crew, what about this weekend?
Are we game for some lessons?
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2014 at 10:11am
Sebastian, we would love to be on the water this weekend. However, my son and daughter in law will be in Hartwell, Ga for a triathlon event and we will be up there for the weekend. They live in Virginia and we do not get to see them very often. Maybe the next weekend for us at Lanier.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 4:56pm
Jim, your excused ;-)
Mike, Tim, Reid, Jeff....the weather man is predicting high 80's and sunshine. While this might seem cold compared to the summer, no excuses.
We'll be out
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 7:32pm
Wish we could be with you guys on Lanier this weekend. Looks to be great weather. Rather be skiing, but have not seen my son in almost a year. Carry on without us!
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

Jim, your excused ;-)
Mike, Tim, Reid, Jeff....the weather man is predicting high 80's and sunshine. While this might seem cold compared to the summer, no excuses.
We'll be out

I'd guess you might mean the other Jeff,
But last week was so nice on Oconee doing it again this weekend, this time with my son and oldest grandson. 3 generations, gotta love it.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2014 at 3:11am
We will be going to the full moon party sat.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 10:37am
What a sad Sunday this was...we lulled the boat and I did the usual for this time of the year. Oil change, drain and fill her up with pink...till next spring (or maybe New Years in FL) :-(
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 10:51am
Yea,sad time of year. I cheated and just drained her Friday night. Hoping for one more day! Already looking forward to Spring.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 2:49pm
Oh ye of little faith...supposed to be sunny & 6th this Saturday.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 2:50pm
Correction. 60s
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 3:01pm
What are we gonna do with em' Jeff.... You'da thunk they were rookies or something.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 3:09pm
I just pulled mine out the hoist here in upstate NY yesterday, mostly cause they are dropping the water and I was afraid of getting it stuck in the hoist if the water went down to far. Seems like you southern boys ought to be good for another month or so anyway…
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2014 at 4:22pm
Yep. The night time lows drop but days warm up so typically not enough sustained cold for ice to form. I usually wait until around Thanksgiving.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2014 at 11:11pm
Usually get a nice late November ride in...not this year, eh? Yuk.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2015 at 11:29am
GA crew are we game this Saturday?
As I recall we said early AM start (I'll put in at 8 AM) and be at the ski cove for footing time at 8:20

1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2015 at 10:55am
As far as I know we are go-No- go for launch. Talked to NautiqueHunter this week and he has a few guests cruising in for the weekend so he is busting out the NauToon (compete with a gas grill) to use as a floating dock. He AIN'T providing the food just the means to cook it on. Bring something if you wanna grill it or not.

Mike also informed me that this weekend is the first Full Moon Party out at Sunset Cove so plan to stay till late if you're coming. Daughters and I will be up in 'Miss Scarlett' Sat morning and will miss the BF runs . Have a couple of friends from HS that are planning on joining the crew and raft up with us....

Lurkers and local Atlanta CCFans come on out for a day/weekend of fun with the Lanier Crew. Plenty of boats, skis, wakeboards, surfboards and airchairs to chose from!
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2015 at 12:08pm
Awww man! sounds great, long overdue for a Lanier thing but got family coming from Colorado. Nephew's an awesome extreme skier (could you just imagine growing up in Steamboat Springs?) oughta be a cinch to get him up on the water this weekend......
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2015 at 11:18am
So wheb arr ya'll gona put in and come to the ski cove?
My driver (aka the wife) will not be out till about noon
1994 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic