Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

awesome BUCKET METHOD video

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: awesome BUCKET METHOD video
    Posted: May-12-2014 at 5:23pm
[youtube]PKky09u1fGU[/youtube]

Hey admins, I would use the above code on another forum to EMBED a youtube video into my post on their forum. Is there a way to embed a video on this forum?

The embedding basically shows the thumbnail of the video and allows you to watch the video while still on this site vs. clicking a link and going to youtube to watch the video.

Anyway on to the subject. For those of you like me that want to know and like the "show me" method, this 6 minute youtube video is pretty good and does a good job of showing you exactly how to run a boat engine with the bucket method.

My searches on this forum left me with alot of explanations, and some videos that only showed partially what you needed to see. If I missed a better video of a Nautique using the bucket method, please share.

SAIL BOAT engine using the bucket method
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2014 at 6:12pm
you mean like this?

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2014 at 6:32pm
the code is TUBE in the brackets, not YOUTUBE

Makes perfect sense, right?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2014 at 6:34pm
A guy on the TeamTalk forums posted a good video of how fast the engine sucks 5 gallons. I'll post it when I get home.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2014 at 6:35pm
zackly!

thanks

so you drop the "you" on both ends and put the complete URL between. I'll remember that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2014 at 6:44pm
You don't need the complete URL, just the ID will work too. But I do believe you need all CAPS for TUBE
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2014 at 7:07pm
Good video, now all we need is a fiberglass cockpit with scuppers for spillage/overflow
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2014 at 12:42pm
Unless I missed it Mr Blow Boat forgot a very critical step, you should drain ALL the water from the block, manifolds, trans cooler, etc. before adding (sucking up) the anti-freeze.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

You don't need the complete URL, just the ID will work too. But I do believe you need all CAPS for TUBE

Caps doesn't matter. Just insert image and change "IMG" to "tube" and it should work. Also be sure to remove the "s" in "https"(if it's there in the link). I've noticed some videos won't embed if it says "https" instead of "http".

The link I'm posting is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfdbxrFmuEY

I change https to http:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfdbxrFmuEY

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Unless I missed it Mr Blow Boat forgot a very critical step, you should drain ALL the water from the block, manifolds, trans cooler, etc. before adding (sucking up) the anti-freeze.

So would the draining be critical? Once you start to see RED coming out of the tail pipe, wouldn't you have filled the water jacket, manifolds, pumps, etc...?

Clark
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2014 at 2:54pm
First question: yes
Second question: no

If the thermostat never opened you pumped out what you sucked up and the engine is still full of water.

If the thermostat does open, you just dilute the red with water, now making it pink.

Drain the engine first and suck up exactly what you want in the engine, it's foolproof.
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2014 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

First question: yes
Second question: no

If the thermostat never opened you pumped out what you sucked up and the engine is still full of water.

If the thermostat does open, you just dilute the red with water, now making it pink.

Drain the engine first and suck up exactly what you want in the engine, it's foolproof.

Yes, the T-stat....That is the "thing" my PO took off. I have added easy to open drains so the draining is not an issue, In years past, with an I/O boat, I would run the engine 'til the stat opened, you could see steam from the exhaust, open the pipe with the red stuff in it and let the red stuff flow, 'til it started coming out of the exhaust.

Thanks
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2014 at 3:09pm
^ still wrong. steam doesn't ABSOLUTELY mean the t-stat is open, far too subjective
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2014 at 2:15pm
Good Video.

I've found the best method to winterize a boat is to live in California.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 4:22pm
Or Florida.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 5:16pm
Ya'll crack me up!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 7:45pm
There's no way the supply from my garden hose is able to keep up with the RWP for any period of time!!
'82 Ski Tique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2014 at 10:48pm
Here's that Mastercraft video:
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic