NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Search for Boats in Multiple Craigslist Sites

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search for Boats in Multiple Craigslist Sites
    Posted: April-03-2014 at 2:38pm
Here is a guide to searching multiple Craigslist sites for Correct Craft (or other) boats.

This is using the free service at
http://searchtempest.com

1. Select a "Full Search"

2. Type in the zip code where you want to start searching from

3. Select the distance from that search or the "any" option for all

4. Type in your keywords in the "What" field

5. Click the "Any" button in the "What" field; this is to search for multiple words.

6. Select the Sale/Wanted category and the "Boats" subcategory

7. In the "Options" section select "titles only"; searching the full listing will bring back too many bogus results

8. Select "By dealer" "By owner" or "All". I usually select "All"

9. Click "Search"

10. The results page will appear. It will start searching, however, I refine it here by selecting the number of days to go back. I usually select 2 days and do a search every 2 days.

11. Once you enter that, click the "Go" button

Here is my search string:
nautique, "correct craft", mastercraft, moomba, supra, natique, nautiqe, centurion, malibu, epic, toyota, century, "competition ski", "inboard", -kayak

A few notes:

• If you are typing phrases, such as "correct craft", you have to have it in quotes

• Notice I used the misspelling "natique" because it happens a lot

• If you use the word "inboard" you will get a bunch of I/Os that knuckleheads think are called "inboards"

• The site remembers your search based on cookies so if you come back later or the next day, it will remember your previous searches. You can also click the dropdown "Your Searches" to see recent searches

• If there are few results, you can use the button that says "search until 10 cities are found" to speed things up

• Notice the "-kayak" in the search. This is to exclude the word "kayak" because there are Malibu kayaks.

• I have the word "Toyota" in here because I like to see the Toyota Epic boats when they come up, but knuckleheads will post their Toyota trucks in the boat section sometimes too

Any other suggestions for search terms?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
flipflop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flipflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 5:17pm
Hrm...great info. And I thought "Interesting Craigs List finds" pretty much covered the whole country at any given point in time.

Like the - kayaks bit...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic