NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drivers Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drivers Seat
    Posted: April-07-2006 at 1:08pm
Correct Craft makes a fiberglass (gelcoated black) seat base that is approximately 4-6 inches tall. It has a slight backward slope to the top and is designed to accept CC's standard seat adjustment rails. The base screws to the flooor with maybe two dozen ss sheet metal screws around the base flange. I believe the bases were used on the "2001" models. I used this setup on my '77 Martinique with great success.

My '93SN has the seat base permanently glass to the floor with a cubby hole underneath. The fiberglass "hump has a black gelcoated fiberglass cover.
rmcdonald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 4:56am
Hi Kevin
I have just restoreded my 68 Nautique and replaced all the seats, I screwed and fibreglassed some plywood on top of the new floor to raise the seat level as well as installing some stainless steel sliders so that the seat can go back and forth. If you would like some detailed pictures send me a email rob.mcdonald@comverse.com
My boat is in 65-70 diaries section second
kscarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kscarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 1:41am
I'm about finished replacing the floor on my '86 Malibu Skier and it's time to start thinking about the interior. The original driver's seat base required about a 3" square hole in the floor and I refuse to cut a hole in the new floor so I'm looking for suggestions on a new seat base. The stock seat is a large barrel back style that seems to take up a lot of room and I would like to replace it. Has anyone put in an aftermarket seat that they would recommend?

Thanks for any help,
Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic