NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

66 cuda ss project / parts?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 66 cuda ss project / parts?
    Posted: November-05-2013 at 9:33am
Ok, I already sold one boat this year... time to start cleaning a little deeper. I am not in a hurry, but wanted to start getting the word out. (it could take a while to dig it out of the barn    )The 66 cuda SS is going to be finding a new home by next summer. Prefer to sell as a project, but may consider parting...

BTW, this was probably NOT a Cypress Gardens boat....
              >>>>BUT<<<<
it DID come from the world famous Pinkham Compound!

For the right money, I might even be able to get it autographed by Reid!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 9:37am
Would you throw in wet sanding the hull?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Would you throw in wet sanding the hull?

Bruce, The wet sanding was already done by PO... maybe he shouldn't have started with 36 grit?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2013 at 9:02am
Steve, it might help your chances of a sale if you included some details about the boat. Does it have an engine? Which one? Does it run? Obviously the hull needs to be refinished... what about the deck? Interior looks good? How much do you want for it? Im not in the market for a Cuda, but those are the things I'd be asking.

Of course, you could also update any one of your previous for sale threads too.

Time to Clean House

Projects... 62 Classic or 66 Cuda SS
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2013 at 9:36am
She looks like she is all there so I'd hate to see you part it out. Ya never know who might be looking for a fixer upper.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2013 at 9:51am
It looks like a great project. Is it a Polyhead? Is the hull color white and salvageable after the paint is sanded off?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2013 at 10:48am
Sorry 'bout that guys... I posted it yesterday at work and ended up getting busy... (hate when that gets in the way)... Here's the scoop.

The 66 was at Reid's old warehouse. A friend of Reid's actually owned it. Somewhere along the line, the boat had been painted. From what I understand Reid's friend is the one that started sanding the boat down. I haven't messed with it, but doubt the original gel could be saved. The hull had dark paint on it. As you can see, there is white and what looks like mahogany colors now showing, so I'm not sure what's with that? (one the original gel, one a primer?) Been a while since I looked at it, but don't remember the deck being all that bad, I can check next time I get to where it's stored.

The engine is a 318 poly head and was out of the boat when I bought it(not sure why), but supposedly ran when it was pulled out. It is currently just setting in the hull.

The interior looks to have reupholstered sometime ago, but would be very nice "user" quality. The console and shifters look to be complete. Unfortunately, with the boat having been torn apart when I bought it, it could be missing some small pcs, but all major components appear to be there.

There are a couple of listings of the boat in the diaries #1 and diaries #2

I also would hate to part the boat out.... that's kind of why I'm throwing it out there now. I don't have a solid deadline as to when it has to be gone. With my 73, the64 AS, the 62 Classic and the Higgins, I just don't seeing me ever getting around to fixing it. I have a little over 2 grand in the boat and trailer and would like to get that back out of it. So, that's where it stands as of now.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
rjljtbrents5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjljtbrents5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 12:08am
I need the windshield and the framing for it as well! Let me know if you want to part it out. I will take quite a few parts off your hands. Im restoring my 66 SS.
RYAN

66'CUDA SS
Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 10:01am
How much for the hour meter?
1968 Barracuda Super Sport
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 10:39pm
I hate to see these old boats get parted out but I would be interested in the trailer
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 12:31am
Right now the boat is buried in a barn and nothing is probably going to get done until it warms up next spring. I have had a couple of inquiries on the boat as a project, but nothing solid yet.

I do prefer to sell it complete, but your welcome to keep asking about parts in case thats the way it ends up.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 12:37am
Still going to be a while before I can even think of digging this (literally) out of the barn. But, thought it might be time to get the post back up to see if any "early spring" interest?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2014 at 11:32am
Nothing has changed since my last post.. boat is still buried in the barn. If any interest, digging it out might be more of a priority!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic