Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

82 - 86 nautique 2001 parts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MikeSki6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeSki6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 82 - 86 nautique 2001 parts
    Posted: February-15-2006 at 2:11pm
I am looking for a couple of key items:

- ski pylon (already have the eye ring just need the pole itself unless of course you have the eye ring)

- the top half of the boat or if someone has a gutted boat that they want to sell so I can use the top half of the hull.

I greatly apreciate your help!

coreytread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 6:01pm
I have a ski pylon on an 81 email me if interested coreytread@cox-internet.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 6:02pm
PS possibly could work something out with the top half but mine is an 81
MikeSki6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeSki6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 12:56pm
thanks for the offer but I'm looking for the some year/style. I'm actually just looking to you it for a mold so I can make some fiberglass mods to the look of it!

Question though what are the differences between the 81 to 82 style as far as diminsions?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 1:52pm
I dont think there are any differences, I talked with my local CC restoration man and he said that the top half of my 81 would fit on an 82. I thought thats what you where trying to achieve
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 2:18pm
Mike what are you going to do??
You have me extremely curious about what you are going to do with the top half of a boat.

81 is a different length than the 82
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
MikeSki6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeSki6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 5:14pm
I want to lay up the upper section out of carbon fiber. I would use mine to do this but is can be a messy process, and I don't really want to take my boat out of commision for to long of a time during the process.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2006 at 12:46pm
So then are you going to cut the top off of your boat and replace it with the carbon fiber top or is this just a cosmetic overlay kinda thing??

That seems like a lot of work and money. Why do you think you need to do this?
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
MikeSki6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeSki6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2006 at 1:08pm
don't need to do this! Money??? Common now, this is a hobbie, its not about the time or the money its more about the journey, the sense of accoplishment. Its just what we do...
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2006 at 2:05pm
Sounds cool. When you are done will you paint the carbon fiber or will it just have that mesh look to it? I bet you will save a ton of weight by making it carbon fiber.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
hillbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 10:45pm
Mike I am going to remove my pylon. If I can get it out I mean....But I had the ring style on top (86) but I cut it off when I used to have an extended pylon. I am in Nor-Cal also. By the way are you the Mikeski from wakeworld with the extra lead? Make some sort of trade????     Let me know    Jeff
MikeSki6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeSki6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 10:37am
H-Billy,
I'm not the Mikeski from wake world, though I do have access to some lead. I am actually going to try and get my hands on it here in the next couple of weeks. We definatly may beable to work out a deal. You think you could send me a pic of your pylon? mikeski6@yahoo.com
Thanks
hillbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 6:02am
I'm not real computer savvy and I dont have a digital camera.....But I live in Woodland..My pylon is the bent kind that angles back towards the motor box. I cut off the loop with a die grinder. Because I didnt know how to remove it otherwise?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic