Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Touch up paint

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wataugasn84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touch up paint
    Posted: April-28-2013 at 1:55am
I have a rub on the left rear that was from prior owner, it on all three stripes. Any ideas on how to get paint to cover rub and match?Rub is on oppisite side no pic of rub. Guess I was embarrased to show it.
Watuugasn84

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2013 at 8:57pm
WOW!!!. No knowledge or responses on this . Don't see this on site that often.
Watuugasn84
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2013 at 7:15pm
Those stripes were painted in Rustoleum... so browse through their catalog and figure out which colors they were. The only person with that color combo that I can think of that may have redone their stripes is DWCar. I havent seen the info posted that I can remember... so its possible no one here has done the homework yet.

The brown/orange is my favorite early 80's combo- looking good!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2013 at 9:23pm
The auto paint store in my town will scan a color & mix paint with exact match. You might want to ask about this at your local auto body supply.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
KFD14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2013 at 4:38am
Doug, sorry I didn't see this until now - I've been busy repainting mine. Dwcar did his a couple of years ago and might also be able to point you in the right direction. The colors arent that hard to find. They are rustoleun. As far as I can tell the top is satin espresso, the middle is satin paparika, and I haven't figured out the bottom stripe yet. Last fall I talked to Art Cozier who was the production manager when our boars were painted. He said he remembered watching the paint guy mix the colors in the hopper of his spray gun so there isn't going to be an exact match.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2013 at 9:44am
Below is an email that I got from Jeff back in 2005. I called Rustoleum. I could only get one of the colors in a spray can. The other two, I had to have put into rattle cans. The orange is a mixture of two colors.

The original paint was Rust-Oleum oil based enamel. The colors were four your boat were.

1. Top stripe, Chestnut brown

2. Mid. stripe, one part Chestnut brown and four parts Allis Chalmers orange.

3. Bottom stripe, Dunes tan.

I believe that Chestnut brown has replaced with Leather brown and I am not sure if Dunes tan is still a valid color name.

Have a good day
Jeff Ridenour
Service Manager
Mid-West Correct Craft
83Ski

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2013 at 9:32pm
Don & Seth, Thanks I knew knowledge was out there just had to get to the pro's. I will check with Rustolem.
Watuugasn84
84SNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2015 at 12:49am
Don....I have the same paint colors on my 84 and need some touch up paint.would you have any new info on where might get some matching paint...thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic