NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1979 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 Ski Nautique
    Posted: January-27-2006 at 10:00am
Well guys, I just wanted to put an initial post up to let you know the I am jumping in with both feet. I am picking up my brand new "1979" Ski Nautique next Saturday (2/4/06). I am excited to get started and get out on the lake. I must say that I am a true newbie in the sense that this is my first boat. I have been a junkie of this site for awhile, thanks to ReidP. Looking forward to getting some help in the future with my incompetence of mechanical skill. Pretty sure she's going to new a carb. rehab. P.S. - I'll post pictures as soon as I get them.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 10:20am
Welcome. Looking forward to the pics.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 1:48pm
Welcome, JMurph. CC is a great boat. Good for you!
Scott
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 2:53pm
Welcome JMurph.

Do you live in the south so you can try it out when you get it or are you like poor 98nautique in Canada who just got his new boat and has to wait till July for the ice to go out?

Good luck with the new boat.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 2:59pm
I'm in Maryland, although the boat will be on Lake Gaston in North Carolina. We'll be down there alot when it starts to warm up.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 3:03pm
P.S. 75 I just checked out your profile to see where you are and noticed that we have the same birthday, albeit 18 years apart. I was born in '73. Me, you and Elvis. BTW, where exactly do you call "the south".
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 9:47pm
jmurph: Welcome! You'll love it here. And anyone who is a friend of the famous ReidP can't be all bad!...jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2006 at 11:46pm
Anything north of I-10 is "up north"
Bob Ed
83 2001
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2006 at 7:36am
JMurph (John) is an OK guy, but obviously a really slow learner, or he'd have bought that boat 5 years ago. We happen to be married to cousins. And no, not our own cousins, but 2 lovely girls who happen to be cousins.

Great purchase though John, and I can't wait to meet you up at Gaston.

Unrelated fun story: Yesterday, on a beautiful and unseasonably warm Carolina Saturday afternoon, I had 2 Correct Craft virgins, one from Nebraska and one from California, riding in the back seat of a '70 Mustang. We're still cruising at a good clip and just about back to the dock when they decide to start rocking back and forth obviously trying to annoy me while talking smack about the boat's speed or lack thereof. I suggested that another Cornhusker riding shotgun should hold on, and you can easily imagine what transpired next. Yep, soakin' wet. Nothing like that first experience to an unknowing but deserving recipient. I mentioned the air was warm, but the water is still nice and cold. (I should note that it wasn't a violent or dangerous spin) All three of them now want a CC.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2006 at 10:10am
ReidP: Love the story. I've had to resort to the same method from time to time with non-believers.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2006 at 7:01pm
Reid,

Thanks for checking in. I'm looking forward to many fun times in NC, both at Gaston and over on Norman. It's been a long time coming, but it's never too late. You and everyone else may not be so excited when I start volleying question after question about this boat. I've been wanting a boat like this for about 20 years. I grew up skiing behind a 1973 bass boat and later a Chris Craft runabout. Better than nothing, but I can't wait to yank the arms off my brother with a Correct Craft, not to mention teach my kids to ski behind one.

-JMurph
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 6:07am
JMurph, Yes, sharing my B-day with elvis is about as close as I have ever come to celebrity. I'm in Massachusetts, so I can't give 1998Nautique in Canada too much grief, as summers are pretty short here, too. However, I do have a place in NC, which I think is fair to say is the top of the south. I have a vacation/investment/future retirement place about an hour south of Raleigh. That's where I keep the tique. I have a brand x (an 89 Supra) up here in MA. (I hope to sell the Supra when the ice goes out - any takers in MA???) The past 2 summers I have been able to spend 4 and 6 weeks in NC. Can't do that this year, so I think I'm going to bring the Tique up here.    Anyway, looking forward to the little time I'm going to have in NC this year.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 11:38am
Welcome to the world of Correct Craft , If you have any questions , you know just call Reid !!! Ha Ha Ha !!!!
Mike Thrower
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 11:47am
JMurph,

WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP & Welcome!!!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic