NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BF Company vs. BI Handles?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BF Company vs. BI Handles?
    Posted: February-08-2013 at 1:20am
Is there any difference between the 2? BFC is $20 cheaper and wondering if you're just paying for the BI name or if there is a noticeable quality difference.
'94SN Restoration underway...
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 1:31am
BF Company handles are roughly equal in quality to BI.
BF Co will also let you pick rope colors and you can get a "clutch" grip.
I've had/used both in back toe, front toe, and slalom.
Either brand will last for years.
This is the life
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 1:35am
damn quick on the replies baby! yea I was leaning towards the clutch grip, ive used it wakeboarding and skiing and it keeps me from getting hand fatique as fast. Just wanted to make sure it would hold up.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 1:37am
What about US Gear though? They are the hot new thang
This is the life
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 3:43am
I hate the clutch grip and all the BFC handles we've had don't last nearly as long. The plastic is thinner and they get kinked.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 9:29am
Can't really comment on bfc longevity but they sure do look nice. A buddy of mine has one and I just bought my dad an orange one to match the boat. They won't see real heavy use, so I expect they'll hold up fine.

I have a number of bi handles, some of which are surely 10 years old. They all still look and perform as new, they're very high quality pieces. You're not just paying for the bi name with any of their gear I've touched- it's all very high quality stuff.

I'm not the biggest fan of the tractor grip either, but that's a personal preference.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 12:14pm
Check this guy out. Quality stuff

greg weyers custom ski lines
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 12:51pm
Admittedly, a somewhat vintage BI (But the price was definitely right, thanks to the Lost Lake gang who felt sorry for me when I was "between jobs") combined with an unusually spectacular fall. It is on its way to Lake Elmo for rehab as we speak.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 7:51pm
That's a pretty old brittle BI. I did that to a brand new US Gear promting them to change stiffener tubes from clear to white.

Haven't ever seen those Greg W's.

My "go to" handles are a US Gear wake slalom handle, a US Gear or BI front toe, a BI back toe. On all I have extra added floats. I cut off the teethholds too.

I like the BI back toe because I do not have to see if I have the handle right. Both my US Gear and BF Company back toes have angled straps which may be more comfortable for some people, but only work one way so you need to be sure how you have it situated.

My Barefoot Company back toe has the clutch grip which is nice but I really don't notice while I'm skiing. It does have a super comfy strap that has more padding than the others.
This is the life
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 1:31am
Ended up giving that greg weyers a shot... we'll see how it does and I'll report back...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic