NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

84 Ski Nautique 2001 - Upholstery

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 84 Ski Nautique 2001 - Upholstery
    Posted: December-02-2012 at 9:10pm
New at this! Have a 84 SN 2001 and looking to reupholster the driver seat upper and lower and rear stern bench and backrest. Thinking about going with Nautique Skins or a local upholstery shop. Any advice? Anyone know any local shops you could refer me to around Valparaiso IN? I am pretty handy so leaning towards Nautique Skin. Thanks
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 9:59pm
Welcome to the site. First off, I suggest you go here and look around a bit.

Christine's Nautique Skins is a great place to get skins. I can't think of somebody who has had a bad experience with them. I've got a few parts from them and been very pleased.

Finally - post up some pictures. We need to see your ride!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 10:28pm
Γεια σας Kostas!

There are quite a few Chicagoland fellas on here.....All will ask you to fill out your profile so we can call you one of our own..... plus pictures will make everyone talk more!

Welcome! (that is about all my Greek - except for Σ 'αγαπώ .... which did me well with my γιαγιά!

Steve
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 11:32pm
+1 on Christines.

Definitely first class.

They have original patterns, no one else can say that.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 1:38am
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

Welcome to the site. First off, I suggest you go here and look around a bit.

Christine's Nautique Skins is a great place to get skins. I can't think of somebody who has had a bad experience with them. I've got a few parts from them and been very pleased.

Finally - post up some pictures. We need to see your ride!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks KRoundy. I heard a lot of good things with Nautique Skins. I also heard of Copy Cat Covers but been reading you get what you pay for. Pic will be up soon, have them upload but trying to figure how to have them posted. Also figuring out the diaries ID. Thanks again
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Γεια σας Kostas!

There are quite a few Chicagoland fellas on here.....All will ask you to fill out your profile so we can call you one of our own..... plus pictures will make everyone talk more!

Welcome! (that is about all my Greek - except for Σ 'αγαπώ .... which did me well with my γιαγιά!

Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to hear there are a quite a few Chicago land on this site. I am only an hour from the city. Have family living down town.

Pics should be up soon.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 1:51am

Boat has been in my wife’s family since 87. Prior to 87, the boat was used in Correct Craft Tournaments. The boat was purchases in 87 from Midwest Correct Craft in Angola IN. Only 800 hours on it, everything is original and its never been touched. Needs interior, especially the rear bench and drivers seat.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 3:25am
Here you go, pictures.

ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 11:02am
Hey Blue. I have your boat's twin, admittedly in many more pieces than yours right now!
I ordered an observer bottom and driver back from Christine's overstocks and they were a perfect match. I'm going to order it all from them eventually.
Check out my boat in the link in my sig.
Welcome to the site.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
woodman935 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodman935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2012 at 3:20pm
I owned the same boat from 1987 to 1995,bought it from Correct Craft in Sacramento with 120 hours on the clock.
These are great boats, you will enjoy it for many years.
My hull # CTC 15742C 484.
What hull# do you have ?
Woody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2012 at 2:18am
ny_nautique

I saw your pics, what a project. Send over more pictures when you have a chance. I am fairly new at the boat world but my wife pretty much grew up on the water. Going to keep this boat as original as we can. They are a blast. Good to hear you had good luck with Nautique Skins, looks like I will be ordering from them as well, just waiting for one of my local upholstery shop to give a quote but its been 2 weeks now.     
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2012 at 2:20am
woodman935

They are a blast, its pretty much ready for next season except for the seats. Have a good one.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 12:31am
Hey ny_nautique, hows it going buddy? Hows the project coming along? I have a few question, I decided to go with Nautique Skins and replace all of the interior seats plus motor box and arm rest(might as well go big). The problem is matching the base color for the seats. The hull is Dresden Blue and the seats base color Misty Blue. We were able to match 2 of the 3 strips and come close on the 3rd. Nautique Skins has been great to work with and still trying to contact their distributors in finding the closes base vinyl. I am also in the process contacting every vinyl manufacture to see what I could come up with. Since you have my twin, I was wondering if you are at that stage yet or began looking into it? Also, what is your hull and base colors? Trying to get this as original as I can but its getting difficult. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
oldschoolblue84
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 2:37pm
Welcome to the site, nice looking boat! Since your in IN I know that N3 is stocking alot of parts for the early SNs.
1983 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 3:14pm
Dolphin Naugahyde has the closest to original on the original marbley vinyls from the 70's and early 80's. Nautique skins doesn't stock it yet (though they should) but they can get it- they're doing an interior for my '80 with it.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 3:28pm
Thanks rman56, that's a good source, will give them a call next week.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 3:37pm
Thanks TRBenj, I have been going through so many types of vinyls, must of overlooked it. Will take a look. Nautique Skins have been great and I am sure they will find something close. I did provide them with a sample of the old vinyl and I am trying to help out as well. Post some pics when you get yours done. Have a good one.
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 3:50pm
Talk to Zach in parts, nice guy and he has a old Nautique.
1983 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 12:47pm
It may be worth $3.75 to get a sample card of all the Dolphin Naugahyde colors here.

I would bet good money that the Light Blue/Blue/Navy colors would be exactly what you need for your 3 stripes. Not sure on the base color- cant tell if you have a white, gray or blue hull.

We're using the burgundy on our '80, and will use the Blue on our medium blue '79 Barefoot Nautique. Chris used the same on his '78 Tique.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 1:31pm
Here's how my 78 turned out with the DOL-71. Like Tim said, I'd get the samples if you're looking for several different blues.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2013 at 9:54pm
Hey guys, the samples are on their way for the base from different vendors. The hull color is Dresden Blue and base color Misty Blue. With the help of Nautique Skins, we were able to match up the tri-color blue stripes. Nautique Skins is still trying to match up the base, hopefully they have some luck. I was able to track down the original manufacture who then referred me to another company they branched off of but all and all had no luck. I am leaning towards a solid color, white or a very very light blue. Once colors are decided, Nautique Skins will begin. Heading to the Chicago Boat Show Wednesday, maybe get some ideas.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 1:19pm
Pat's 84 Interior. I question it's originality but looks pretty good.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 9:10pm
Thanks for the pics, been looking for 84 interiors to get some ideas.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 10:07pm
I absolutely cannot confirm if any of these are original, but thought they might be nice to look at. The first 2 are supposedly 84s, the rest are older. Also something to keep in mind is that there were 2 blue schemes, light and dark versions.

This one is from Fl Inboards' shop. There is some kind of history with this boat, perhaps something to do with Deena Mapple?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 3:56am
Was not aware of two different color schemes for the 84s. The 2nd pic is very similar to mine but they did do some modification, driver seat (newer style possibly) and observer seat (more squared off then round. Other then that, looks good. That last one is nice, but too much blue for me. Where did you come across these pics, on this site or elsewhere? Anyhow, attached is the new stripes I am going with and reason why I am replacing the seats. Thanks

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 9:32am
There were 2 blue stripe schemes. More if you count base gel variations. No idea what the base vinyl color would have been on a dresdon blue boat. I think both pats and joes have been redone, bj's is older with the diamond pleat. I do like pats blue base though.

Do those 3 vinyls you have for the stripe have any marbling in them? The light lest looks like it might, the other 2 I can't tell. The dolphin Naugahyde will be the only vinyl that has that nowadays, I think. I'd give up a perfect color match to get it if necessary... Solid vinyl doesn't look quite right IMHO.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 5:18am
I am trying to get the exact TRBenj, I would agree with you, can not go wrong with original. The base is called Misty Blue. So far I spoke to Nautique who referred me to G&T Industries (original Mfgt of the vinyl) who then referred me to Spradling Vinyl (branched off of G&T Industries) who then referred me to Keyston Bros Inc. I just sent Keyston Bros Inc a sample of my existing vinyl and waiting to hear back. I do have some samples coming from Gary's Upholstery and will compare and see. Image below is the original Brochure. Will keep everyone posted.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 3:15pm
The Spradling Flotilla line of vinyls was pretty darn close to original stuff, if not exact. Unfortunately, they stopped making it a few years ago- at least thats what they told me when I inquired about a year or 2 ago. At that time it sounded like they could do a run of it if someone were to buy a bunch, but the min buy to justify the set up was in the thousands of yards. Nautiqueskins wasnt willing to take that on, so I kept looking for alternatives (which led me to the Dolphin Naugahyde line after a lot of searching).

If you find that the story is changed on the Flotilla, that would be awesome news- be sure to report back with your findings!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 1:37am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

If you find that the story is changed on the Flotilla, that would be awesome news- be sure to report back with your findings!

------------------------

TRBenj, looks like Spradling discontinued Correct Craft vinyl when they bought out G&T Industries. There was another manufacture that was close but little off on color and then discontinued their line about 2 years ago. So with all that, my wife and I decided to go with classic smooth white with the tri-color blue stripes. It won't be completely original but should still blend in nicely since I am doing the entire vinyl interior and the hull is Dresden Blue.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 2:48pm
What was the base color of your original seats? A very light blue to match the Dresdon? It looks white on my computer screen, but it can be tough to judge.

Did you go with the Dolphin Naugahyde on the stripes to get the marbling?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic