Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acme 540 Vs. OJ Legend

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acme 540 Vs. OJ Legend
    Posted: January-01-2006 at 7:05am
ok, OJ is $100 less. So anyone use the legend on their old SN's? or is it only available for std. rotation motors?
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2006 at 1:39pm
Make sure your comparing apples to apples. OJ and Acme are both make different levels of props. I am running an OJ XMP on my 1967 Mustang, it is awesome. It would be along the same lines as the ACME 540 in terms of technology used. The Legend line is older technology hence cheaper.
     OJ makes both lines in every combination you would need for an old cc. I talked to one of the owners (Johnson's) when I needed a prop for my boat which was orignally LH but has been converted to RH, the part number didn't exist in the direction and Pitch they recommended for my engine and mods so they assigned it a number machined one out and dropped shipped it to me in three days for the same price as the existing LH model. Awesome service, awesome propellor.
    People also seem to love thier new ACME 540s on these boats. It was SKIDIM that put me in touch with OJ after discussing with them what I had done with my boat, and the order went through them and I got the site discount. You might want to give them a call and see what they suggest.

BTW, I am located just down the road in Auburn NY, one lake over.. small world.
-Joe
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2006 at 7:18pm
I guess I will call skidim on it. Joe, I am going to be in Auburn next weekend (jan 7) to pick up something from a buddy of mine. My folks have a place on Cayuga but I mostly ski Cayuta-up in the hills where I "really" live!
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic